Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

8" Tablet on EVO remote. Made it work. Look.

I'm getting serious about switching from a Mavic Pro to an Evo and I fly with an iPad mini 4 now. Trying to find out if it will fit in the controller. I did a chat with Autel and they were not much help and apparently they don't realize there are different size iPads. Just kept saying that an iPad would not fit. I found some specs that says the controller will hold up to 5.6" devices and the iPad mini is 5.3" so it 'should' fit but I'm wondering if anyone has actually tried it yet.

I'm getting serious about switching from a Mavic Pro to an Evo and I fly with an iPad mini 4 now. Trying to find out if it will fit in the controller. I did a chat with Autel and they were not much help and apparently they don't realize there are different size iPads. Just kept saying that an iPad would not fit. I found some specs that says the controller will hold up to 5.6" devices and the iPad mini is 5.3" so it 'should' fit but I'm wondering if anyone has actually tried it yet.
It will not fit. No tablet will fit. Simple fix is a cell phone case and some velcro tape.

I am using an adapter I got originally for my iPad on the DJI Inspire remote, gotta paint it black but works well with my Nvidia Shield

Attachments

• IMG_2658.JPG
    IMG_2658.JPG
    565.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2659.JPG
    IMG_2659.JPG
    524.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2660.JPG
    IMG_2660.JPG
    811.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I'm sure the guy hat does Man Mounts will be cranking out the mounts for EVO soon. He does some really good work.
Hopefully he will. The Mavmount is a little pricey, but it is light years better than that stuff you get on Amazon. I tried a bunch of that type of stuff and sent every bit of it back. Macmount is a real, professional piece of equipment and if you are a professional, this is what you want.

Yea they are a lil pricey but but the other cheap ones are crap. I have two, one for the Crystal Sky and the other for my iPad 9.7.

Hey guys, I have the extension offered by Carolina Dronz that didn't work with my tablet as it's too thick, the adapter is made more for an iPad mini about half as thick, if anyone wants it, just PM me and I'll send it to you.
autel-evo-ipad-mount-4_1024x1024.JPG

Reactions: Black Dog Drone Ops
I friend of mine has a 3D printer and designed and printed this for me. If anyone wants the print file I can get the file and send it to you.
Any chance to buy that 3D part from your friend? I don't have access to a 3D printer

Any chance to buy that 3D part from your friend? I don't have access to a 3D printer

Hey mixchief - I can definitely get one made for you and send it to you, but here is what you might want to do for fun.... Go online to www.shapeways.com and you can upload the printer file and they make it for you. I sent the same file to shapeways so they could make me the same part but make in metal instead of plastic - they did a fantastic job. The plastic part was fine, but I just wanted to get it done in metal.

So...if you want me to send you the file I can do that, or just give me your address and I will mail you a printed plastic part which works fine.

Hey mixchief - I can definitely get one made for you and send it to you, but here is what you might want to do for fun.... Go online to www.shapeways.com and you can upload the printer file and they make it for you. I sent the same file to shapeways so they could make me the same part but make in metal instead of plastic - they did a fantastic job. The plastic part was fine, but I just wanted to get it done in metal.

So...if you want me to send you the file I can do that, or just give me your address and I will mail you a printed plastic part which works fine.
here's a funny thought, what are you doing with the plastic part?

Ummm... You had asked me the following ===> "Any chance to buy that 3D part from your friend? I don't have access to a 3D printer" so the 3D printed plastic part was what you were wanting - correct? Now I am not sure what part you are asking me for - please clarify lol

Edit:
It occurs to me now that maybe you are asking about the plastic part I had but no longer need as I have the metal one now. So yes, it is available now at no charge if you want it.

Last edited:
Yep the plastic part you had your friend print, that now if I understood correctly you have in metal. The price is absolutely right, I'll PM you my addy and you can tell e how mch the cost of postage so I can forward to you asap. Thanks

Yep the plastic part you had your friend print, that now if I understood correctly you have in metal. The price is absolutely right, I'll PM you my addy and you can tell e how mch the cost of postage so I can forward to you asap. Thanks

No worries, you can certainly have it gratis - don't worry about postage cost, I think I can afford it ;p - send your address when you get a chance.

Reactions: mixchief

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SycamoreGroves