Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

8-bit A-log

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read your post. This is not the first time they say one of their drones has 10-bit and yet it doesn't. If you wish to be rude about it, please let me know.

So it's okay because it isn't the first time?

It's never ok. My point is, it's not the first time they have lied about it. You can predict the future from past experiences.

That is sure a sad commentary on the trustworthiness of Autel!

It's never ok. My point is, it's not the first time they have lied about it. You can predict the future from past experiences.

I actually watched that video and read the comments as i was googling for "Autel Evo 10 bit". I was hoping i was wrong and just didn't find the setting then. By now i am pretty convinced they pulled the same **** again. My ticket is more than a week old by now. The only answer i got is that they received it. And the support chat works, but ignores questions about 10-bit.

Reactions: parkgt
I actually watched that video and read the comments as i was googling for "Autel Evo 10 bit". I was hoping i was wrong and just didn't find the setting then. By now i am pretty convinced they pulled the same **** again. My ticket is more than a week old by now. The only answer i got is that they received it. And the support chat works, but ignores questions about 10-bit.
Been there, done that. That happened to me many times, before Corona Virus was a thing. I simply stopped going to Autel for anything other than repairs (if needed). For everything else, I go here and ask fellow Autel pilots. IMO it's more fun to explore things together.

@Micander
But we don't care, he is already capable of many things. If you are not satisfied, you just have to make your device yourself or go see elsewhere if you find better and at what price.
You start pumping air with your 10 Bits. The designer makes the device he wants to make.

@Micander
But we don't care, he is already capable of many things. If you are not satisfied, you just have to make your device yourself or go see elsewhere if you find better and at what price.
You start pumping air with your 10 Bits. The designer makes the device he wants to make.

Sure make the device you want to; that doesn't mean you have to lie about what you ARE making!

It is amazing that fanboys can even defend lying, not just Autel fanboys do it.

They haven't lied, the camera and codecs are capable of 10 Bits, but maybe the capture software only takes 8 bits for now. The 10-bit capture may also come later.
The codec used is not free, it is monetized.

They haven't lied, the camera and codecs are capable of 10 Bits, but maybe the capture software only takes 8 bits for now. The 10-bit capture may also come later.
The codec used is not free, it is monetized.

Why don't they wait to until it is true to put it in the manual?

If you want, you can argue about the Evo 8K which is not a real 8K because the 8K is made by software that extrapolates the pixels.
There are several subjects on this subject.

If you want, you can argue about the Evo 8K which is not a real 8K because the 8K is made by software that extrapolates the pixels.
There are several subjects on this subject.

No, I already knew that was a gimmick! I have not argued about anything, there is nothing to disagree about. The drone doesn't have features they said it did, that is a fact that cannot be argued.

It's quite simple. If you simply need/want 10-bit, there has been a drone since 2018 who does it. You can return your Evo and get that one.

We are not affiliated with Autel Robotics, so arguing about it in here is pointless.

It's quite simple. If you simply need/want 10-bit, there has been a drone since 2018 who does it. You can return your Evo and get that one.

We are not affiliated with Autel Robotics, so arguing about it in here is pointless.

Have that one already. When I ordered I was hoping that the EVO2P would exceed the M2P in all aspects as some continue to say it does.

Have that one already. When I ordered I was hoping that the EVO2P would exceed the M2P in all aspects as some continue to say it does.
In my opinion it does. I cannot comment on the 10-bit. In paper it should be able to handle it and more. Why does Autel withhold it or if we are doing something wrong and not getting the right results, I cannot say. In other aspects, it has a 3D Obstacle Avoidance in all directions, a decent flight time. I know they advertise 40 minutes, but you should be getting around 32 minutes in reality. You don't have to worry if you need to ask authorization, other than from the FAA, to fly your drone, regardless you get a warning of NFZ on your screen or not. Better camera resolution, 4K60+, etc etc.

Overall it is a great drone and to my knowledge, there isn't a drone to compare it to with similar specifications.

The Mavic 2 Pro does have 10-bit, but you are stuck at 4K30, lower flight times, OA isn't smart enough to manouver the drone in intelligent flight modes (except the front OA), and the lovely flysafe software where you have to ask DJI permission to fly your own drone.

The Skydio 2 has an old camera, horrible range, etc.

Please remember this is a new drone and many of the features gets enabled a bit after initial launch. It is the way Autel operates. All drones have their Pros and Cons. It's up to you the PIC to consider this and choose the one that fill your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonhenkelman