Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

8-bit A-log

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had a chat with the support. As soon as i asked about the 10-bit log there wasn't an answer anymore. Jesus... i thought buying from an american company would be the right thing... man, was i naive!
You thought you were buying from an American company? Autel is not an American comany.

I just had a chat with the support. As soon as i asked about the 10-bit log there wasn't an answer anymore. Jesus... i thought buying from an american company would be the right thing... man, was i naive!
Today they told me it was in log! Then no answer on where the manual was for the latest Explorer App. How about recording 5.5K in 60fps - possible?

Reactions: Micander
Today they told me it was in log! Then no answer on where the manual was for the latest Explorer App. How about recording 5.5K in 60fps - possible?

Nah, i think it was only 30 fps, which is fine for me. I'll take the drone out in my break to see if the patch yesterday did something for the quality - which was in the patchnotes.

Max_0008 4k 30fps.JPGMax_0008 8k 7680x4320.JPG

HEVC/H.265 Main 10 Profile / Level 5.1 Video Compression

HEVC/H.265 Main 10 Profile / Level 5.1 Main tier is designed for the compression of 4:2:0 video formats up to 4k to 8k at 30/60 frames per second with a bit depth of 10 bits. DICOM provides a mechanism for supporting the use of HEVC/H.265 Image Compression through the Encapsulated Format

Last edited:
View attachment 6909View attachment 6910

HEVC/H.265 Main 10 Profile / Level 5.1 Video Compression

HEVC/H.265 Main 10 Profile / Level 5.1 Main tier is designed for the compression of 4:2:0 video formats up to 4k to 8k at 30/60 frames per second with a bit depth of 10 bits. DICOM provides a mechanism for supporting the use of HEVC/H.265 Image Compression through the Encapsulated Format

Bit depth: 8 bits... H.265 CAN compress 10 bit footage. But not out of the Evo 2, because it can't record 10 bit colordepth.

Nah, i think it was only 30 fps, which is fine for me. I'll take the drone out in my break to see if the patch yesterday did something for the quality - which was in the patchnotes.

If what you say is true then Autel is lying in their Manual for the EVO 2. Here is the statement from page 25:

" EVO Ⅱ Pro camera with a 1-inch sensor: Takes photos with a resolution of up to 20 MP (5472 x 3648), and records 5.5K video at 60 fps or 2.7K video at 120 fps, with a bit rate of up to 120 Mbps. The lens aperture is adjustable within the range of f/2.8 to f/11."

It's possible he's referring to the Evo 2 8k

If what you say is true then Autel is lying in their Manual for the EVO 2. Here is the statement from page 25:

" EVO Ⅱ Pro camera with a 1-inch sensor: Takes photos with a resolution of up to 20 MP (5472 x 3648), and records 5.5K video at 60 fps or 2.7K video at 120 fps, with a bit rate of up to 120 Mbps. The lens aperture is adjustable within the range of f/2.8 to f/11."

I mean Micander's Evo 2 may be the 8k model, which cannot shoot 5.5k @ 60fps.

Nope. I got the Pro, and it definitely can't shoot 5.5k @60fps. Just checked some minutes ago.

Nah, after they are still ignoring my questions about 10-bit log i am not really surprised.

It would look much better for them if they would just come clean and say no 10 bit and no 60fps in 5,5k, rather than lying and stonewalling.

Acting too much like DJI and not in a good way.

Reactions: Micander
Here is the sheet of technical specifications of the three Evos to make everyone agree.
Specs Evo II.JPG

HEVC supports both 8 bit and 10 bit recording. So unless Autel has specifically programmed the 10 Bit recording feature I have to assume it's 8 bit. My data in the editor suggests to me that it is 8 bit. However, because it is more efficient it looks a whole lot better than H264 at the same 100-120 Mbps data rate.

HEVC Main 10 profile
High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC), also known as H.265 is a video compression standard, a successor to the widely successful H.264/AVC standard. The HEVC standard is capable of enabling more sophisticated compression algorithms relative to its predecessors. See also Learn about the Significance of HEVC (H.265) Codec for more information. The Main 10 profile allows for a color depth of 8-bits to 10-bits per sample with 4:2:0 chroma sampling.

Well, it’s a Pub stick, it only puts the main 8K and 6K, which is enough for the average person.
They will not release a listing from A to Z with all the modes that will not hook the Lambda buyer.
Whoever is interested will look further.

Well, it’s a Pub stick, it only puts the main 8K and 6K, which is enough for the average person.
They will not release a listing from A to Z with all the modes that will not hook the Lambda buyer.
Whoever is interested will look further.

It's still a lie. 10-bit log is a key feature for a professional camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over3