Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

6k&8k editing

Youtube will never host 8k content. Recording in 8k is only useful for having the ability to crop in post production or use in full screen. Think of it like having a digital zoom without loss of quality as long as you only crop down to your output size. Most Youtube content is 1080. If you record in 8k you get 5.5 times zoom (6000 / 1080).

I must live in Neverland because here YouTube has tons of 8K (4320P) streaming content. It only works in Chrome, but it's 8KScreen Shot 2020-01-18 at 8.12.46 AM.png

As I’ve said in other posts, my 2nd generation iPad Pro (12.9in with 500GB storage) can play and edit 4k/25fps without any problems, using either iMovie or LumaFusion. OK, so I’m not making ‘cinematic’ 30 minute documentaries, just short videos for real estate and a tourism website. If and when I score a job that requires more horsepower, I’ll get it.

(So far I haven’t been able to transfer 4k/60fps to the iPad, so I may have hit its limits. I reckon the latest model would do it, though. I also have a Windows desktop running a 440SSD and 8GB RAM and it doesn’t like 4k/60fps, either.)

If I upgrade to the Evo II Pro, and I probably will, I’ll continue to shoot 4k/25fps unless and until that ‘big’ assignment comes along. Why Bother upgrading then? Well, if the specs are what they say, the II has so many good features to recommend it.

Living out in the country we don't have fiber high speed. We do have the highest that copper wire can deliver at some really high prices so watch anything above 1080 just does not happen around here from youtube.

Reactions: Nightbat2
Living out in the country we don't have fiber high speed. We do have the highest that copper wire can deliver at some really high prices so watch anything above 1080 just does not happen around here from youtube.
We have fibre to the nearest “pit” which is about 20ft from the house, and copper from there. Most times it’s quick and 4k is okay, but sometimes it might as well be a piece of string between two jam tins. Like today, Sunday, when it’s raining and people are staying indoors.

• Haha
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Just read this entire thread. Some good info as well as questions. I put together a system a while back to edit 100-200 mbps 4K video that I shoot with the EVO, Lumix GH4, Lumix G7 and a Sony rig.
Basic concerns for putting together a system should be.
64 gigs of RAM
Processor with as many threads as you can afford.
Video card with a minimum of 8 gigs (make sure your edit program can use CUDA to enhance speed and render times)
1/2 TB SSD or larger for your program drive.
4-8 TB 7200 or 10000 rpm HDD's for content. (you will want to be able to defragment the work drives. SSD's are suggested not to be defraged)
4K Monitor.
All that and a bag of chips and off you go!

Doubt that Australia’s mish-mashed NBN would handle 8k.
Hi Nightbat.2 You are spot on with our NBN. absolute plate of spag bol. Also, still going at snail pace for decision on night flights. Have to go deep into the Woop Woop to haver one.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58