Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

640T and MAPPING

jmason702

Reaction score
Anyone mapping with the 640T??? If so what software are you using, please???

I have only been able to produce maps using DD, and just the JPEG files, (example attached), and when I see something I want to inspect I will pull up the photo number, then put that photo (JPEG and IRG) into the IRPC_Tool and do further inspection there...

Attachments

• Thermal Ortho.jpg
    Thermal Ortho.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
Reactions: vr-pilot

I have only been able to produce maps using DD, and just the JPEG files, (example attached), and when I see something I want to inspect I will pull up the photo number, then put that photo (JPEG and IRG) into the IRPC_Tool and do further inspection there...
Refresh my memory. Is the 640T Autel's sensor or the Flir Bosun core? Map looks nice. What were your settings? Height, front/side overlap. speed?

I'll let you know what works when my unit shows up... After the new year. 😎

Have done mapping with Autel EVO II (Pro and 8K) with autel mission, then upload to DD or ODM for processing, however have not done with 640T yet, curious to see how that would work and if it is viable. Couple of questions:

Assuming you flew mission with autel mission, then uploaded to DD for processing?

Can you elaborate on your mission settings, closed or open cross hatch (e.g. 3D)?

Overlap, altitude and speed of aircraft?

Thanks in advance.

Have done mapping with Autel EVO II (Pro and 8K) with autel mission, then upload to DD or ODM for processing, however have not done with 640T yet, curious to see how that would work and if it is viable. Couple of questions:

Assuming you flew mission with autel mission, then uploaded to DD for processing?

Can you elaborate on your mission settings, closed or open cross hatch (e.g. 3D)?

Overlap, altitude and speed of aircraft?

Thanks in advance.
Yes flew with Autels mapping mission planner, no crosshatch
85/80 overlap, 120 AGL, 7 MPH
I will be doing some testing with map pilot pro, map pilot can now fly autels drones

Yes flew with Autels mapping mission planner, no crosshatch
85/80 overlap, 120 AGL, 7 MPH
I will be doing some testing with map pilot pro, map pilot can now fly autels drones
Gr8, thks.
Map pilot looks gr8 for ios however not for droid, unless you found a work around?

The 640T is Aultels IR Sensor, a Chinese radiometric sensor that competes against FliR.
120' AGL, 85/80 overlap, 7MPH
I think the company is called InfiRay. Thank you for all the testing of IR mapping, the 640T's 48 MP RGB imagery compared to the 6k PRO and the precision of the RTK module... 👍

I'll let you know what works when my unit shows up... After the new year.
Congrats! I hope I will dive into the new unit as well early next year. Not ordered yet but probably in January 2022. For sure I am already very excited... ;-)

I think the company is called InfiRay. Thank you for all the testing of IR mapping, the 640T's 48 MP RGB imagery compared to the 6k PRO and the precision of the RTK module... 👍

Congrats! I hope I will dive into the new unit as well early next year. Not ordered yet but probably in January 2022. For sure I am already very excited... ;-)
It will be a nice quad upgrade. I'm ready to start flying/testing now. 👌

I'm ready to start flying/testing now.
Looking very much forward to your first tests! Especially the combined RGB and thermal mission flight results.
I am still hoping that there will be a way to fly RGB 48MP programmed missions (8000x6000 px). As far as jmason702 reported 48MP must be flown manually because the mission planner will limit the RGB setting to 4000 x 3000 (12 MP).
It will also be very interesting to see the quality of combined nadir and oblique thermal models and their results on facades and vertical surfaces in general ... ;-)
I am also very interested in 2D thermal maps for nature conservation areas and lateral (surface) inspection of large industrial areas as well as their vertical installations (3D).

Reactions: ChristianH
Hello
I am also interested in doing 2D / 3D IR mapping with the 640T.
With what program can it be done so that it preserves the temperature data, etc., so that later reports can be made with the IRPC_Tool?
Thank you very much and greetings from Spain

Looking very much forward to your first tests! Especially the combined RGB and thermal mission flight results.
I am still hoping that there will be a way to fly RGB 48MP programmed missions (8000x6000 px). As far as jmason702 reported 48MP must be flown manually because the mission planner will limit the RGB setting to 4000 x 3000 (12 MP).
It will also be very interesting to see the quality of combined nadir and oblique thermal models and their results on facades and vertical surfaces in general ... ;-)
I am also very interested in 2D thermal maps for nature conservation areas and lateral (surface) inspection of large industrial areas as well as their vertical installations (3D).
Guess what showed up at the doorstep finally? 😁

I won't have time to start flight tests until mid/end of next week. I have an RTK module coming mid week so I'll probably wait until that shows up for testing anyway.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials