Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

2:1 aspect ratio

regasfr

Reaction score
Hi all!
I have a customer who initially asked for a panoramic mission to be used in SkyBox, either 4:3 or 2:1 aspect ratio. My bird seemed to only allow 4:3 so I provided a sequence of 360 images. They are now stating it will take to much time to trim and edit the images in photoshop before they can be imported into skybox and would like me to retake the images with 2:1 aspect ratio but I don’t see that as an option. No expert here on panoramic or skybox but I was able to stitch the 4:3 together very nicely with ICE. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Frank

Hi all!
I have a customer who initially asked for a panoramic mission to be used in SkyBox, either 4:3 or 2:1 aspect ratio. My bird seemed to only allow 4:3 so I provided a sequence of 360 images. They are now stating it will take to much time to trim and edit the images in photoshop before they can be imported into skybox and would like me to retake the images with 2:1 aspect ratio but I don’t see that as an option. No expert here on panoramic or skybox but I was able to stitch the 4:3 together very nicely with ICE. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Frank

I have never heard of any camera that shoots in a 2:1 aspect ratio, most are 4:3, 3:2, 16:9, etc, I've also never heard of Skybox. If you need to provide them with 2:1 images though that's pretty easy, you just take the images you already shot and change the aspect ratio in Lightroom to 2:1. The important thing is to make sure that the edges of the images are not cut off or they will not stitch together later. At a 2:1 aspect ratio though that's not going to be a very tall pano.

I have never heard of any camera that shoots in a 2:1 aspect ratio, most are 4:3, 3:2, 16:9, etc, I've also never heard of Skybox. If you need to provide them with 2:1 images though that's pretty easy, you just take the images you already shot and change the aspect ratio in Lightroom to 2:1. The important thing is to make sure that the edges of the images are not cut off or they will not stitch together later. At a 2:1 aspect ratio though that's not going to be a very tall pano.
FWIW, most Red cameras are native 2:1 ratio.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials