Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

10JAN2022 -- Core Questions - Nano+

ztectic

Reaction score
Here's a roster of my core questions before buying a Nano+. Answers plus your core questions are welcome.

1. Do the current first wave units shipped have Active Tracking enabled? If not, why and when may we hope to see this supplied?
2. Do the current first wave units have maximum speeds in the three modes coming in below published spec? Y/N & Prob/No Prob?
3. Is it necessary for the aircraft to have already taken off before doing camera settings adjustments?
4. Does the insurance product cover crashes? At first blush it looks like water damage or fly away only. What are the facts?

I'm loving this aircraft, so far, and intensely hoping that it will fulfill spec and be a huge success. If this happens to fit the groove, this thread could be a place for the community to seek clarity during the roll out.

Interesting.

Change of camera parameters on the Husban Zino Mini Pro only after take off is I think agreed upon on a broad consensus view to be due to heat issues for that aircraft, especially in still air. What about the Nano+? Is this limitation due to heat related concerns? Or is there some other reason (or no reason)? I know that I would prefer to have a camera configurable on the ground, as otherwise pre-flight configuration would require one of a base utility battery / onsite battery top up / acceptance of non nominal total flight endurance.

43 km/h in "sport mode" (I suspect called "movement mode" for Autel), would be significantly below published spec than I am aware of (33 mph = 53 kmh).

Neither of these limitations, if they are in fact correct, would be show stoppers for me. If they apply, I would hope that there would be an acceptable rationale for them. Especially with regard to engineering and mechanical integrity. If the final product can't crank to 33mph, due to technical / real world overall big picture issues, without an actual unacknowledged design / engineering failure, I could be more than happy with a loving bedtime story to make me feel better, and I would buy the aircraft. 43 kmh is more than adequate, as long as it's not due to something just plain wrong in the innards.

Likewise, no camera adjustment on the ground is not a deal breaker either, for me. As long as there is an acceptable reason for it that passes muster. We just can't control the heat, it runs as hot as can be tolerated as it is (e.g. Zino Mini Pro), then that might be a deal breaker for me. I'd be waiting to get the full story on that before writing the device off pending improvements. If the equipment gets presented credibly as operating comfortably within temperature spec generally, with limitations programmed to require the aircraft to be airborne for optimal lifespan expectancy for the aircraft (prevent 10 minute on the ground config sessions in summer heat), I could definitely live with that (buy an extra battery for pre-flight config).

Thanks for the reference to Autel's Insurance program. It seems to require two figures up front and two figures for accident or water damage/loss replacement, and $399- for flyaway replacement. If so, that's good protection, in my books. A bit pricey for the flyaway, but a couple of Benjamins better than nothing.

Just more of my .02c. Thanks for your report!

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d