Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Zenith Launch Question

sunflower

Reaction score
Can I launch the drone on a slope or must the ground be level? How level?

I'd shoot for level surfaces. I only say that because when you take off depending on wind or stick inputs, you could possibly flip your craft over as it will attempt to compensate for the unleveled take off surface. It can sometimes cause you gimbal to calibrate improperly on startup also, thinking it is at a level surface but when you get in the air your image will be off center. It's happened to me a couple times. Could've just been my situation though.

I had to land the aircraft and reboot on a level surface. Doesn't have to be a "perfect" level surface, but I wouldn't on a grade of more than 10-20 degree

Interesting. I could possibly rotate the drone on a slope such that it is level side to side for gimbal calibration but I am worried about something catastrophic like toilet bowling. Also, can I return to home on a slope? Is a gentle slope okay?

Interesting. I could possibly rotate the drone on a slope such that it is level side to side for gimbal calibration but I am worried about something catastrophic like toilet bowling. Also, can I return to home on a slope? Is a gentle slope okay?
Same applies for adjusting aircraft rotation on a slope. It can be done, just can't guarantee it won't try to roll on you. All depends on conditions and input. "Gentle" slope should be ok, but I guess everyone has a different opinion of what is considered "gentle"..lol

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chen