Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

XSP - High Surf Advisory

HiloHawaiian

Reaction score
I guess I'm the last man standing flying the orange beast! It still flies and shoots great, so I'll keep flying it until something breaks -- which could be me. Here it is flying over the last area allowed in the ever more restrictive SF Bay Area. It happened to be on a rare clear day with a high surf advisory. Rouge waves come out of nowhere and wash folks away -- that's why the beaches are so empty.

I was trying to be artsy fartsy with light and water, since that's all I can do in the area. It put my wife to sleep in 2 min, so I guess I accomplished something? ;)

I was trying to be artsy fartsy with light and water, since that's all I can do in the area. It put my wife to sleep in 2 min, so I guess I accomplished something? ;)
HA, you could always replace your burning log fireplace video with this one! The cliffs look a lot like the cliffs of Dover, except for the color. No doubt sea level rise is going to produce some dramatic erosion in that area since that looks like sandstone.

I learned to surf at Stinson Beach just north of the SF Bay mouth. Colder than xxxx. No wetsuits. No fear of the great whites that were prowling the area from the Farallon Islands' sea lion rookeries. Young and unaware back in '65!

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I spent some time at Stinson Beach myself, around 1968-9. If you look at the cliffs closely (friend was an Oceanography major), you can see evidence of several different ocean levels, all higher than today, so a rise would be nothing new.

Body surfed a bit in the freezing water a few times, and saw Creedence Clearwater play at that little club overlooking the beach! Fun times!

Reactions: Trox
I spent some time at Stinson Beach myself, around 1968-9. If you look at the cliffs closely (friend was an Oceanography major), you can see evidence of several different ocean levels, all higher than today, so a rise would be nothing new.

Body surfed a bit in the freezing water a few times, and saw Creedence Clearwater play at that little club overlooking the beach! Fun times!
Even the small amount of sea level rise so far is having dramatic impacts on a great many remote coastal communities up here as well as right here in my "backyard" so to speak. Major bluff erosion from 'perfect storms' slamming the beach coinciding with the 24 foot high tides each month. I've got some impressive video taken with the EVO this fall showing the projects the land owners are investing in to save their property and houses. I'll be posting that sometime this winter once I get the final footage at the completion of the work.

CCR - LOL, '69-'70. Our local watering hole at college was called the Skeller, a basement bar under a swank restaurant in Davis. The CCR songs on the juke box had to be replaced every couple of months because they were played continuously. We weren't that far from LODI~! Ah the good ol' days!

A carload of my buddies and I would drive up to North Shore every weekend in the summer of '69 where a bunch of school girls we knew had summer jobs as change girls. Carlos Santana hadn't even released his first album yet and was playing seven nights a week in a local roller rink there in North Shore just a few blocks from the cabin we bunked in.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials