Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

XDynamics Evolve Drone - First Flight, First Impressions

It looks to be a sweet little drone, but that $2500.00 price tag is pretty steep.

I reminds me of my Yuneec Q500's.
Shaped very much the same but it looks rock solid compared to the Q500 :)
The controller seems to be most of the cost. I don't think I would buy it just for photography\video. I can see maybe for the Flir camera option and doing commercial work to help pay for it.

Should be interesting when Steve gets into the autonomous features of the unit and how well they work.

The idea of a carbon fiber body is what grabbed me. I do wonder if it would be stronger and eliminate the possibility of the dreaded stress cracks? But all in all it sure is pretty. I bet that glossy black would look good in the air. I haven't seen any of the videos. I dont like to burn my data.

Is it really carbon fiber or just pretty plastic? I believe you can get a flir camera installed into your Evo or X-Star for less than that.

I think you did not really understand how Steve explained the price point of the unit and how it compared to the more expensive DJI drones.
Just the RC alone is ten times better then anything out there on a consumer level at that price. 1080 60FPS is unheard of with pretty much zero lag for a display. And having a second command display just adds to the value of it.
As for the carbon fiber shell it sure looks solid and shiny but the shine might be just for cosmetic look as people like shiny things :)

The Flir camera that comes as a option will be better then anything you could add to the EVO. More in line like the one DJI sells for the Inspirer .

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Is it really carbon fiber or just pretty plastic? I believe you can get a flir camera installed into your Evo or X-Star for less than that.
The Evolve drone is built with durability and innovation in mind. Its carbon fiber frame integrates the body and chassis into one solid unit. Compared to the plastic used on drones like the DJI Phantom 4 Pro, the Evolve drone’s carbon fiber shell is 50 times stronger!

I’m very impressed with the system as a whole, as it’s designed from the ground-up as a camera platform. That will always get my attention. I’m disappointed it doesn’t come standard with 4K/60, only b/c the camera upgrades ain’t cheap. What a controller! The ability to review footage @1080p immediately on-site with a decent screen is fantastic.
If you are using it to shoot professionally, the noise is not nearly the issue it is taking off from my backyard with the president of the HOA living 1/2 block away ;)

Reactions: Ansia
And pretty pricey for a drone with NO obstacle avoidance of any kind.

It looks good, but I read they weigh like 5-pounds. I cant say I would invest that much money in a drone made by a company that dosen't have a proven track record. I already have one drone which is not easy to get parts for.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials