Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Worth buying Autel Drone again now?

PoorMoney

Reaction score
Well, I'm back into the market for a drone. I haven't had nothing else other than the Evo I, which I sold. I was waiting for something newer but didn't pull the trigger on the EVO 2 PRO due to price. The Nano series came out and the Lite+ looked to be what I was waiting for.

But looking at these post on here and video reviews...I am having second thoughts. Camera issues. Tracking issues. No 10-Bit. Is it really worth buying the Nano Lite+ or is this the end of Autel? I know they have been having customer service issues due to lack of help. I really don't want to give up on them.

What's the best option? Wait? Buy? Go with DJI (which I didn't want to due to geofencing)?

go check out "Dad Random" on youtube and see his thoughts. You can also catch him during one of his live streams and put some questions directly to him. There are a few Nano+ premium bundles on ebay for $700-800 now so not a bad deal. If you are a die hard tracking user then don't bother with the Nano+ yet...

Unless you are a video editing enthusiast or youtube creator I am not sure 10bit is really thaaat much of a selling point.

Reactions: PoorMoney
go check out "Dad Random" on youtube and see his thoughts. You can also catch him during one of his live streams and put some questions directly to him. There are a few Nano+ premium bundles on ebay for $700-800 now so not a bad deal. If you are a die hard tracking user then don't bother with the Nano+ yet...

Unless you are a video editing enthusiast or youtube creator I am not sure 10bit is really thaaat much of a selling point.
Would you prefer the Evo 2 Pro over the Lite+?

Autel as the second biggest manufacturer (and by a wide margin over #3) is in better shape than just about every other company to survive the Remote ID deadline (September 2022). They've demonstrated they can scale up to iterate 4 new models simultaneously. They're not on the Entities List.
OTOH, there's bound to be some killer closeout deals on other makes without RID come September (if you want warranty service, there's only a handful of manufacturers who've got much of a chance of remaining in the business for the length of a year warranty in a downturn).

Reactions: PoorMoney
The AE2 Pro has been a solid performer for me the past 18 months. It surprises me how much dynamic range the camera has. Last week I got 4K video and a frame grab off of it that has a lightning bolt streaking through a double rainbow. It started pouring and gusting 35+ til I landed. Total flight was less than 3 minutes. Nailed it and was confident I had before even reviewing the footage

Well, I'm back into the market for a drone. I haven't had nothing else other than the Evo I, which I sold. I was waiting for something newer but didn't pull the trigger on the EVO 2 PRO due to price. The Nano series came out and the Lite+ looked to be what I was waiting for.

But looking at these post on here and video reviews...I am having second thoughts. Camera issues. Tracking issues. No 10-Bit. Is it really worth buying the Nano Lite+ or is this the end of Autel? I know they have been having customer service issues due to lack of help. I really don't want to give up on them.

What's the best option? Wait? Buy? Go with DJI (which I didn't want to due to geofencing)?
I for one am on HOLD with Autel products until they can service what they have already sold. A few good service stories and thousands of bad ones.

if i were buying today and didn't already have an autel drone, i would buy the lite+ over the evo2 v2.
I all ready have the Evo2 v1. I bought the evo lite +. Compare the cost and features you will see why. U don't have the 360 sensor, night time feature and cost make up for it. As many people on here will tell you it depends on your use of the drone. Both, my favorite drone.

Reactions: AussieCate

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials