Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Why Accelerated Heights Sold his Autel Evo.

Well you know what they say. Opinions are like elbows everybody has one. I know from my end that Autels service has been great. As far as the videos I will take my EVO's video over the florescent green that the Mavic produces any time. IMHO
Way I heard it, opinions are like something else that everyone has only one of. And that they both stink. :cool: (But have been extremely happy with my EVO and its reliability)

• Haha
Reactions: Nightbat2
Autel does not need to compete with DJI; Autel dominates its own niche and that is what they will build on.

Forget coupons, deals, internet sales - buy directly from the Autel Store (ok grab THEIR deals directly ;) ). That way 100% of the money goes directly into their general coiffures. It costs you a bit more but it will promulgate all of our best interests if they succeed in the long run.

"Whose ransoms did the general coffers fill: Did this in Caesar seem ambitious?" - Mark Anthony's speech, Julius Caesar

Reactions: tdhart
I unsubscribed from his channel yesterday. Not how someone should a act in the droning community. Very unorofessional and giving advice on matters he doesn't fully understand. My evo is on it's way to get fixed now. My fault. Pushing the envelope. The evo did everything it was supposed to do. So far,excellent customer service . Paid shipping both ways. I also have dji products and I like them also. I fly my evo more simply because of the better camera and no geo fencing but that's not to say dji sucks. They're a good drone just like autel. Sounds like he wanted special favors from autel and wasn't treated any different than the rest of us. It's about the community not the color of your drone.

Great points all. ? Right now internal strife will only hurt us collectively as we are all just in the early stages of the drone world evolution.

Sometimes people can't see beyond their own selfish visual line-of-sight.

Reactions: TravisPNW
Great points all. ? Right now internal strife will only hurt us collectively as we are all just in the early stages of the drone world evolution.

Sometimes people can't see beyond their own selfish visual line-of-sight.

I don't know I been doing this for 5 plus years, if I am still in the "early stages of the drone world evolution" i need to find my way out o_Oo_O

• Haha
Reactions: G_G and Ansia
Ansia, you WOULD understand the frustrations many have if you had direct experience with such as mine - that is, I live within Disneyland's ridiculous 5-mile no-fly zone, imposed after 9-11 as as temporary restriction and still in force. Backyard, frontyard, the park down the street where I have been flying fixed wing and helis since the advent of decent electric power systems - NOPE. Unless, of course , you have dumped your Digi and are now (happily) flying orange.

BTW, I've had two instances to deal with Autel's CS, and could only wish other companies were half as good!
NoLimitDronez.com offers a DJI solution that is just as legal as your flying your EVO there.

NoLimitDronez.com offers a DJI solution that is just as legal as your flying your EVO there.
I am not willing at this time to use something that hacks the software it may work great but at this time it’s not for me and since I have the evo it’s not necessary.

Reactions: tdhart and Ansia
I am not willing at this time to use something that hacks the software it may work great but at this time it’s not for me and since I have the evo it’s not necessary.
Just letting you know that you have other options to legally bypass NFZ's with permission if you own DJI drones, and bypassing the DJI NFZ's with an EVO doesn't make your flight any more legal than using NLD, which merely modifies flight parameters. The Pilot In Control is still the party responsible for making sure your flight is legal. Autel does not assume that liability just because you can fly the EVO there.

It's clear this guy has a problem with Autel. I only watched the first few minutes of his rantings. He comes across as arrogant, self-absorbed with anger issues and considers himself important, seemingly more concerned about getting followings. YouTube is filled with backyard "experts" and personal opinions. Anyone with a cellphone can become a YouTube expert on anything.

Ok... he crashed his Evo, said it was his own fault and now blaming Autel for poor CS?? I've had two dealings with Autel CS and found them to be very responsive and helpful. More so than most companies I've dealt with.

He doesn't like Autel and sold this Evo... I get it, so move on with DJI or whoever you want.

I watched the video and couldn't agree more.

I got my Evo a month ago and love it. It has allowed me to get some amazing footage here in the PNW... and hasn't given me any problems.

As far as the CS... I actually had a battery go bad for whatever reason. It was giving me a warning when I tried to use it. I contacted Autel and I had a new battery THE NEXT DAY.

Reactions: Nightbat2
I watched the video and couldn't agree more.

I got my Evo a month ago and love it. It has allowed me to get some amazing footage here in the PNW... and hasn't given me any problems.

As far as the CS... I actually had a battery go bad for whatever reason. It was giving me a warning when I tried to use it. I contacted Autel and I had a new battery THE NEXT DAY.
You've only had your EVO a month and already had a battery "go bad"? The battery is the only thing keeping your drone in the air. Yet you say you haven't had any problems. Hmmm. You are making the point of the video. Autel's products have a much higher failure rate than DJI. I have had two EVO manufacturing defects myself within the first two months of ownership, requiring sending the drone in for 3 weeks. Battery failures and broken antennas are legion among EVO owners over the last year. The main point of the video was that out of the last 12 months, his drone was unavailable to him for use in his business for 6 weeks because of repeated manufacturing defects.

Last edited:
You've only had your EVO a month and already had a battery "go bad"? The battery is the only thing keeping your drone in the air. Yet you say you haven't had any problems. Hmmm. You are making the point of the video. Autel's products have a much higher failure rate. I have had two manufacturing defects myself within the first two months requiring sending the drone in for 3 weeks. Battery failures and broken antennas are legion among EVO owners over the last year. His point was that for 6 weeks out of the last 12 months his drone was unavailable because of manufacturing defects.

Eh.... not exactly.

If you must know, I bought a batch of 3 used batteries from a guy here. SOLD_ 4 EVO batteries 4 Sale

One of them gave me the warning when I tried to use it... so I contacted Autel and they sent me a new one under warranty... and the guy refunded me the cost of the 1 battery, so I won both ways.

The other 2 used batteries (less than 15 cycles on all) in addition to the 3 new ones I got when I bought the Evo have all been flawless... in addition to the Evo itself.

So in short, I bought a used battery from someone else... and still got a warranty replacement from Autel by simply submitting screenshots of the warning screen and battery serial number.

Definitely seen a lot worse CS out there... and no I didn't make the point of the video.

:)

Well I figured I would try NFZ on my mavic Air I downloaded it and installed it on the air and went outside to try it but nothing happened.
After a little investigation and e mailing NFZ support they informed me they could not figure out how to get the NFZ firmware to work.and the air is a tough egg to crack.
I just hope I can get my money back.

You've only had your EVO a month and already had a battery "go bad"? The battery is the only thing keeping your drone in the air. Yet you say you haven't had any problems. Hmmm. You are making the point of the video. Autel's products have a much higher failure rate than DJI. I have had two EVO manufacturing defects myself within the first two months of ownership, requiring sending the drone in for 3 weeks. Battery failures and broken antennas are legion among EVO owners over the last year. The main point of the video was that out of the last 12 months, his drone was unavailable to him for use in his business for 6 weeks because of repeated manufacturing defects.

The video may have had some valid points but it was quckly lost in his ranting and arrogant, I know best attitude. Once he said he crashed his Evo - his fault, all credability to his tirate went out the window. The other issue with the video it's his version of what happened. There are three sides to every story... yours, mine and what really happened. Autel CS doesn't strike me as screwing the customer. Actually they are much better than most companies and willing to make it right.

As far as your comment about "legion" of battery failures among Evo owners do you have any facts to back that up? Maybe I'm missing it but I don't see battery failures as a major issue as you claim.

Reactions: TravisPNW
As a hobbyist, you are not able to fly in controlled airspace, unless is one of the special designated fields by the FAA. On July 23rd or 24th you will be able to get authorization to fly elsewhere in controlled airspace.

An airplane is not the only manned vehicle in the air. I have had encounters where helicopters are flying at 100' giving me a heck of a scare. You also have those go carts with a big fan in the back, paragliders, the people who think they are flying squirrels, etc.
I understand about helicopters but believe me when I say that the terrain that surrounds my house pretty much precludes all manned aircraft at 400 AGL and lower unless they are crashing, LOL. On top of that, apps such as Kittyhawk, DroneUp and Airmap show no restrictions.

If we are being honest, much of the regulations now are quite arbitrary and, in case of the 2018 FAA authorization act, modeled thanks to commercial/corporate interests.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fischcrazy