Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Why Accelerated Heights Sold his Autel Evo.

Interesting. He does bring up some very good points. Auto is going to need to step up their game big time if they want to be serious contenders against DJI.

The problem I have with dji and I have a spark and my mavic Air is the NFZ built into the units.
Instead of having to drive miles to fly sometimes I just want to fly in my back yard about head high in my yard never leaving my yard.
If dji would just put a safe height limit and distance limit into there software then I could fly my dji in my own yard.I chose the evo because I could fly it safely in my back yard safely without violating any NFZ rules.

Last edited:
The problem I have with dji and I have a spark and my mavic Air is the NFZ built into the units.
Instead of having to drive miles to fly sometimes I just want to fly in my back yard about head high in my yard never leaving my yard.
If dji would just put a safe height limit and distance limit into there software then I could fly my dji in my own yard.I chose the evo because I could fly it safely in my back yard safely without violating any NFZ rules.
Yes, lack of NFZs was one of the reasons I decided against DJI. I know there are hacks—but the chief instructor at flying school made the point, repeatedly, that hacking and such could leave you without a legal leg to stand on if anything went wrong (at least under Australian law).

Reactions: tdhart
Well you know what they say. Opinions are like elbows everybody has one. I know from my end that Autels service has been great. As far as the videos I will take my EVO's video over the florescent green that the Mavic produces any time. IMHO

Well you know what they say. Opinions are like elbows everybody has one. I know from my end that Autels service has been great. As far as the videos I will take my EVO's video over the florescent green that the Mavic produces any time. IMHO
Hopefully you have two! Yes, so far I am happy with any contacts I’ve had with Autel.

• Haha
Exactly why I do not have a DJI drone. Where I live I am technically within 5 miles of a airport. According to the B4Ufly app I am a no-go as a hobbyist to even take off yet the DroneUp app says I have no restrictions.

Pretty stupid considering I live in a pretty hilly area and any manned aircraft near my house is already crashing if it's low enough to hit one of my drones.

Reactions: Nightbat2
It's clear this guy has a problem with Autel. I only watched the first few minutes of his rantings. He comes across as arrogant, self-absorbed with anger issues and considers himself important, seemingly more concerned about getting followings. YouTube is filled with backyard "experts" and personal opinions. Anyone with a cellphone can become a YouTube expert on anything.

Ok... he crashed his Evo, said it was his own fault and now blaming Autel for poor CS?? I've had two dealings with Autel CS and found them to be very responsive and helpful. More so than most companies I've dealt with.

He doesn't like Autel and sold this Evo... I get it, so move on with DJI or whoever you want.

Exactly why I do not have a DJI drone. Where I live I am technically within 5 miles of a airport. According to the B4Ufly app I am a no-go as a hobbyist to even take off yet the DroneUp app says I have no restrictions.

This is why I didn't go with DJI. I live within 5 miles of a long abandon private airstrip, now a cornfield with tress growing in it. Still shows up on the maps and NFZ. Also didn't want to be co-owners with big brother DJI.

Reactions: TravisPNW
It's clear this guy has a problem with Autel. I only watched the first few minutes of his rantings. He comes across as arrogant, self-absorbed with anger issues and considers himself important, seemingly more concerned about getting followings. YouTube is filled with backyard "experts" and personal opinions. Anyone with a cellphone can become a YouTube expert on anything.

Ok... he crashed his Evo, said it was his own fault and now blaming Autel for poor CS?? I've had two dealings with Autel CS and found them to be very responsive and helpful. More so than most companies I've dealt with.

He doesn't like Autel and sold this Evo... I get it, so move on with DJI or whoever you want.
Yep, I rewatched it this morning before going to work. He comes across as being pretty petty in the video. It’s almost as if he expects Autel to give him deferential treatment because he does a YouTube channel

I honestly do not understand your frustration with DJI's Geofencing. I fly my Phantom as close as a mile from the biggest international airport where I live. Sure, you have to get authorization from LAANC and DJI, but that is a 30 seconds to a minute process.

Reactions: 399AGL and G_G
Autel evo is my first and only drone so I can't compare personally. However I bought the evo because of flight restrictions, flight time, camera, and last the zillion videos I watched before buying.
I have had no problems with the drone, (except me being stupid) and the customer service was excellent in that case. My flight time is consistantly at least 22 mins.
I'm stickn with evo.
butch

I honestly do not understand your frustration with DJI's Geofencing. I fly my Phantom as close as a mile from the biggest international airport where I live. Sure, you have to get authorization from LAANC and DJI, but that is a 30 seconds to a minute process.
For a 107 holder it’s not that big of a deal. For hobbyists it is. In my case, and according to the B4UFLY app, I cannot fly. As a hobbyist it won’t even allow me to ask for permission unless I provide a 107 license. The irony is that for my drone to be a threat, even at 400 feet, means that manned aircraft is already crashing-LOL.

For a 107 holder it’s not that big of a deal. For hobbyists it is. In my case, and according to the B4UFLY app, I cannot fly. As a hobbyist it won’t even allow me to ask for permission unless I provide a 107 license. The irony is that for my drone to be a threat, even at 400 feet, means that manned aircraft is already crashing-LOL.
As a hobbyist, you are not able to fly in controlled airspace, unless is one of the special designated fields by the FAA. On July 23rd or 24th you will be able to get authorization to fly elsewhere in controlled airspace.

An airplane is not the only manned vehicle in the air. I have had encounters where helicopters are flying at 100' giving me a heck of a scare. You also have those go carts with a big fan in the back, paragliders, the people who think they are flying squirrels, etc.

Reactions: G_G
You only have a short time to wait.
On July 23, the FAA will expand LAANC to include recreational flyers.
Did not know that. That will be nice but I still am going through with getting my 107. Especially since I plan on using my drones for supplemental income/commercial purpose.

Agree completely, when I was initially looking for info on the EVO, I found his channel. After only a few videos I unsubscribed. He comes across as one of those who believes that he is the most knowledgeable in any crowd. Also, don't even mildly suggest that he might be incorrect in his assertions, he knows better than you and will tell you so. "I've been doing this a long time..." and "I have all these subscribers on my YouTube channel..." He often appears to be attempting to leverage his YouTube channel when dealing with others.... As if there was some expertise required to have a YouTube channel. SMH.

Reactions: TravisPNW
Ansia, you WOULD understand the frustrations many have if you had direct experience with such as mine - that is, I live within Disneyland's ridiculous 5-mile no-fly zone, imposed after 9-11 as as temporary restriction and still in force. Backyard, frontyard, the park down the street where I have been flying fixed wing and helis since the advent of decent electric power systems - NOPE. Unless, of course , you have dumped your Digi and are now (happily) flying orange.

BTW, I've had two instances to deal with Autel's CS, and could only wish other companies were half as good!

I understand that some have different circumstances, like your case. There is an option for that. You can get a special waiver that will give you authorization to fly in such zones. If you are a hobby pilot, then you will have to wait until the 23rd, after that you can apply for such waiver and be good to go.

I understand that some have different circumstances, like your case. There is an option for that. You can get a special waiver that will give you authorization to fly in such zones. If you are a hobby pilot, then you will have to wait until the 23rd, after that you can apply for such waiver and be good to go.
I am far from being alone in cases such as mine. And, I don't have to wait at all, now. My Orange critter gets nearly daily outings, all conducted safely. Thanks for your input.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fischcrazy