Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Who'd buy a drone off these guys?

Answer: Everyone would. Not only is their product insanely great but, unlike every other drone maker, Autel has a face and personality. Imho, they are also the only drone maker who really understands digital photography.

And understand Customer Service!!! What a concept call a number and someone actually answers you can understand. :)

Being several thousand miles and an ocean away from Autel, I have never called them; but as a complete novice without even a drone-owning pal to give me help, I have fired off a constant stream of email questions and "bug reports" to the same poor support guy for months.

Each email has had a patient, comprehensive and very personalised reply - even when my questions have been stupid and my "bug reports" nothing more than user error. I have never received such concerned aftercare from any other company - including the one which sold me a £70,000 car.

But even a broken clock gets the time right occasionally and it turns out that one of my imagined bug reports might actually be real. It's an obscure bug which probably no-one else here will ever encounter and it can't be confirmed until their test pilots can do some specific video testing for me. But my support guy went to the trouble of testing it on his personal EVO in his own time and reported that he had been able to reproduce my issue - although it can't be confirmed until their engineers have carried out proper tests. No other support guy in the world would have gone out on a limb like this - or been allowed to.

Sure, he's a top man doing great things in the right job but he can only do them because Autel's corporate ethos obviously allows and encourages it. They must have seen that the rotten customer support which pervades the industry presented them with a big opportunity to differentiate themselves. And it seems, they also have a genuine passion to refine and improve their products, hence they welcome my naive ramblings with open arms and a warm hug.

I would give my guy a name check but I don't want to embarrass him…or increase his workload. But I assume the whole customer support team is blessed with the same attitude.

The only other companies who have come close to impressing me with such exemplary customer support are Amazon and Apple, both of whom are awash with cash. So how tiny Autel can do it is a mystery. But I hope it pays off for them. Triple A!

Someone who wants to fly more, crash less, and spend less time updating firmware/calibrating/being harassed by constant alerts and warnings. Oh, and also someone who would enjoy rapid response from support staff.

Reactions: mamanes

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonhenkelman