Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Wheat Harvest

First attempt? Excellent job! The music would be copyright but it sure fits the video.

Reactions: DadCorso80
First attempt? Excellent job! The music would be copyright but it sure fits the video.
Thanks! You can tell I'm a rookie, didn't even think about copyright. When I review the video, there's a little pull down arrow right of the title that shows the music is licensed To YouTube (see screenshot). Does that cover it? I think next time I should probably acknowledge it in the beginning to be safe.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190812-052911.png
    Screenshot_20190812-052911.png
    920.2 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Tufargon
Thanks! You can tell I'm a rookie, didn't even think about copyright. When I review the video, there's a little pull down arrow right of the title that shows the music is licensed To YouTube (see screenshot). Does that cover it? I think next time I should probably acknowledge it in the beginning to be safe.
It's not for us, but rather you. You will get flagged for using copyright material and get your account taken down. You can also be forced to pay royalties for using copyright material.

Almost every video I have posted has copyright music and have never had mine taken down. All that happens is I get a email from youtube. I have disputed many of them saying I had the rights to the music as I was a member of the music download sight and you guys screwed up. About 3 weeks later the copyright is taken down. I have never lost a dispute yet. The owners love it when you use their music as they get the money instead of you. If you ask me its a joke how they have it set up.

A copyright owner using Content ID claimed some material in your video.

This is not a copyright strike. This claim does not affect your account status.

There are either ads running on your video, with the revenue going to the copyright owner, or the copyright owner is receiving stats about your video’s views.

Note: Your video was manually reviewed by the copyright owner or someone on behalf of the copyright owner.

Video title: Long Week End On The River
Copyrighted content: I Can See The World From Here
Claimed by: Epidemic Sound
View claim details

What's next?
If there are no problems, you don’t need to take any action. You don't need to delete your video.

If something went wrong and the copyright owner or our system made a mistake, we have a dispute process. Only use it if you’re confident you have the rights to use all the content in your video.

Need copyright-safe songs?
When choosing music for your next video, you can avoid copyright-related issues by picking a song from the YouTube Audio Library. We're adding new tracks all the time!
- The YouTube Team

Great footage! Would not be nearly as interesting shot with ground cameras. That’s what’s so great about aerial drone photography. Liked your music too.

That looks like it covers it to me. I didn't mean to make this thread be all about copyright lol.

Agree with Agustine. Every video I’ve made has copyrighted music. Never once has a video been removed or my account altered. I make no money from videos. All YouTube has ever done is sometimes, but not every time, warned me my vid could be subject to ads b/c of a copyright claim. Whatever. Once the owner sees the views aren’t too high, they move on. I made one with 3.5K views, never heard anything about the copyrighted yoga music, LOL. Once, I used a very well-known tune, and it was elevated, Ads were coming. I really didn’t care, but I redid the soundtrack b/c I didn’t like it that much away.

And, Ag is also right that using someone else’s music in a non-profit way, gives that music free exposure! Duh! Maybe YT should force us to credit the tunes consistently and it’s a win-win...

Last edited:
I have 4 disputes going right now. I joined Epic sound on a one month free trial which gives me copyrights to the songs I used in my videos but Youtubes stupid program that they use has no idea what its doing and I get flagged. By they time they take the flag away because I won the dispute I lose all monetary form the hits to my videos and the number of people viewing the videos decreases over time so I lose twice.
I had a account with Vimeo last year and never had that problem. They have never flagged any of my videos but its expensive even for the basic account.

I did get one of my videos taken down. It was a recording of a sail boat sailing away. Can't remember the tune I used, but meh.

I also had one removed and it was the first and only copyright song I put that I didn't mention in the notes.

That looks like it covers it to me. I didn't mean to make this thread be all about copyright lol.
No problem at all, just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting into any issues, I appreciate the discussion and feedback from everyone.

Reactions: Tufargon
Well I won all 4 of my disputes, dumb jerks at youtube have no idea what they are doing.

Hi KB Flyer,

Good news! After reviewing your dispute, Epidemic Sound has decided to release their copyright claim on your YouTube video.

Video title: "High Water June 5th 2019"

Hi KB Flyer,

Good news! After reviewing your dispute, Epidemic Sound has decided to release their copyright claim on your YouTube video.

Video title: "07 28 2019"

Hi KB Flyer,

Video title: "March 9th_2019"

Hi KB Flyer,

Video title: "Long Week End On The River"

I didn't bother disputing mine. I just changed the music lol:)

I use royalty-free music, usually from Kevin MacLeod. That way there's no worry about copyright or monetization, or using the same exact YT library music as every other Russian dash cam vid. :)

I like to use songs that I already know. As long as you don't monetize your videos you will fine 99% of the times (you just get the already mentioned warning from YouTube). The only exception I have encountered so far was when I used a Radiohead song. In that case my video was taken down and I had to change the song to a non Radiohead one :(

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials