Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

What's Your Second Drone and Why? What Complements the Evo?

My second drone is the Autel X-Star Premium. My first one... the Evo. I searched high and low for what I really wanted in a drone. Almost bought a Yuneec Typhoon and decided not after seeing what was coming from Autel.
I wanted a second drone after I bought the Evo and decided on the XSP. I seen where a lot of pilots were getting close to one mile out in town and decided to buy one. I get a lot of interference in my area where I fly. I have yet to take it out away from populated areas and see what the actual range could be. I know they claim 1.8 miles or something. I get close to 3/4 of a mile most of the time. If only my XSP would have the range of my Evo.... That would be awesome!
I still have them both and wouldn't trade neither one for any other drone on the market.
If only the Typhoon H had the range of an Evo! That's my biggest worry with the Typhoon. I had Parrot BB2 which was a wifi controlled, directional antennae deal like the Typhoon, I imagine their range is about the same, and that is sad. Such a great drone with such pathetic range. Im still wanting one even tho it's range is terrible, i like them that much. After all, as long as I have my Evo, I have a long range option.

The older model Typhoon Q500's there is a file that can be added to the FC to lift the NFZ. Its all over the internet so very easy to get. Anything newer you can apply for a waiver from Yuneec and they will give you a file that will only work on your UAV that will lift the NFZ kind of. Depends on how close you are to a Airport. If real close you are limited to hieght. 50 feet I think.

Download the photo I attached below and look at the coordinates from the exif data. I took that today after I finished a job in a NFZ area. As you can see, I used my Phantom for this flight and I got the unlock code within seconds of requesting it. I understand how hassle free the Evo is, but it's not that hard to open an app and request the unlock code. No reason to fear it.
DJI_0341.JPG

My second is the Typhoon H. It is super stable and can handle the higher winds that keep my Evo grounded. It is also not a DJI product, so how can I go wrong!!

If the wind has my Evo grounded, I'm probably staying inside myself. Lol

If only the Typhoon H had the range of an Evo! That's my biggest worry with the Typhoon. I had Parrot BB2 which was a wifi controlled, directional antennae deal like the Typhoon, I imagine their range is about the same, and that is sad. Such a great drone with such pathetic range. Im still wanting one even tho it's range is terrible, i like them that much. After all, as long as I have my Evo, I have a long range option.

Yeah, the range on the H is really awful. Never had it lose signal when within 20 feet like I did with my Karma.

I saw in a teardown of the Evo thar you posted the 900mhz antenna installed in 2 of the legs, so they still are there.
I'm looking for info on evo teardown gimbal issues can u help me maybe where to find that video please

I saw in a teardown of the Evo thar you posted the 900mhz antenna installed in 2 of the legs, so they still are there.
Are the 900mhz antennas in the EVO 2, as well, to support the 8 mile range with the Autel Smart Controller? Clearly, the EVO 2 was future proofed for a significant range increase through use of the 5.8Ghz and 900mhz bands in the Smart Controller to extend the range by 60%!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo