Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

What's a CS 7" worth?

AnchorageAk

Reaction score
Not the ultra bright. Comes with Mavic, P4, and Autel mounts. Switching over to the 8" TRipltek.

If you are not familiar with it, you might want to look at the amazingly bright Feelworld 729S, a 7 inch screen that has 2,200NITS of brightness and connects via an HDMI. I use one with my Smart Controller and my Mavic 2 Pro. I choose to have just the camera show on the Feelworld monitor. I got mine as an open box deal on ebay for $179 but B&H were selling them new for around $235. It is also fairly light weight.

Please tell me more about connectivity with the Feelworld, ie. will it connect to a standard controller via a USB to HDMI cable

Please tell me more about connectivity with the Feelworld, ie. will it connect to a standard controller via a USB to HDMI cable
The DJI Smart Controller has an HDMI port on it and the Feelworld monitor has an HDMI port on it, so I use a short cable to connect the two. If you look up the Feelworld monitor you will see details that show what connections it can take. However, be sure to look for the 7 inch model 2,200 NIT 729S unit, because that is the brightest.

Feelworld make other models, not so bright and cheaper therefore, if you want the brightest monitor out there you need to look at the specs for the 729S and they connect to DSLR cameras, in fact that is what they have been used for, on commercial photo shoots to monitor cameras and video cameras by the producers and directors on these shoots.

I just heard about this monitor from someone else, so it was just pure chance of discovering it. Feelworld is a well respected company for field monitors for cameras. The nice thing is that it uses the standard size HDMI plug not a mini. Just do a search on ebay or google to see the specs. And as I mentioned, they are light weight compared to the CS units and a heck of a lot cheaper to buy new. I know last year B&H in New York were selling this model for about $235 and the other great thing is that they use the standard size old Sony batteries that are very inexpensive to buy and Sony sell extra large capacity ones too for longer use, readily available for just a few dollars on ebay.

If you are not familiar with it, you might want to look at the amazingly bright Feelworld 729S, a 7 inch screen that has 2,200NITS of brightness and connects via an HDMI. I use one with my Smart Controller and my Mavic 2 Pro. I choose to have just the camera show on the Feelworld monitor. I got mine as an open box deal on ebay for $179 but B&H were selling them new for around $235. It is also fairly light weight.
Correct me if I am wrong, but it doesn't have a operating system. It is just a dumb monitor.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it doesn't have a operating system. It is just a dumb monitor.
I would not call it a dumb monitor, but it is an external monitor that is brighter than anything on the market. It is not for people who want to do things on afterwards, like an ipad. However, it is what an ipad or phone is used for when connected to a controller, as a monitor with a drone, a screen to see things on.

I would not call it a dumb monitor, but it is an external monitor that is brighter than anything on the market. It is not for people who want to do things on afterwards, like an ipad. However, it is what an ipad or phone is used for when connected to a controller, as a monitor with a drone, a screen to see things on.
How do you run the app? With just the controller. Not trying to give you a hard time. Just trying to understand. I like what it has to offer.

Did you mean 279s? Looks like on the 11-12 they "might", have them 30% off.

no need to focus on that monitor in particular, there are a dozen or more super bright monitors on the market....at the right (low) price; most of us who own a live deck have one. they have been around for quite awhile and they absolutely are dumb monitors because they will not do anything unless they are told to do it thru some type of input usually hdmi in/out. mine has a complex menu with a tons of settings but mostly for professional cameras. they are nice to have if you want something super bright but most people want something else on the screen besides the camera output which is often not possible. these monitors will not fly a drone so that needs to be made clear to anyone thinking they can use these instead of a phone. and, a lot of controllers, phones, and tablets don't have hdmi output so there's that. monitors are ok but they are not really that popular imo.

this is the one i have: Amazon.com : Feelworld Master MA7U 7 inch 3G SDI, 2200nit, 4K HDMI Field Monitor, Full HD 1920x1200 IPS Director Video Monitor : Electronics

no need to focus on that monitor in particular, there are a dozen or more super bright monitors on the market....at the right (low) price; most of us who own a live deck have one. they have been around for quite awhile and they absolutely are dumb monitors because they will not do anything unless they are told to do it thru some type of input usually hdmi in/out. mine has a complex menu with a tons of settings but mostly for professional cameras. they are nice to have if you want something super bright but most people want something else on the screen besides the camera output which is often not possible. these monitors will not fly a drone so that needs to be made clear to anyone thinking they can use these instead of a phone. and, a lot of controllers, phones, and tablets don't have hdmi output so there's that. monitors are ok but they are not really that popular imo.

this is the one i have: Amazon.com : Feelworld Master MA7U 7 inch 3G SDI, 2200nit, 4K HDMI Field Monitor, Full HD 1920x1200 IPS Director Video Monitor : Electronics
The P4 has it. That's the only one I know of. I guess if I wanted an observer when I flew it, could be useful.

Did you mean 279s? Looks like on the 11-12 they "might", have them 30% off.
Ohhh I do beg your pardon... Yes the 279S, I don't know why I got that backwards and mistaking put it as the 729s. Thanks for correcting me there and apologies to those who might have been looking at the wrong model number without success.

I was suggesting the Feelworld monitor for those who wanted a larger screen to look at when out flying, larger and much brighter of course. I was suggesting this as an added larger viewing screen, not as the only screen/monitor.

I was not meaning to use this without anything else, you need to have a controller that will connect to it of course. For many people who fly with a small iphone the screen is too small and not bright enough in very sunny conditions, so many users opt for an addition monitor to use as a viewing screen and use an ipad, for example. I use mine with my SC controller for the larger and brighter screen, when conditions call for that. I can mirror the SC screen on this monitor or I can choose to just have it display what the camera is seeing. That's what I do and leave all the flight control info on my SC.

This is what I have and the price is still under $245. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KXN3QR...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Reactions: AnchorageAk
I was suggesting the Feelworld monitor for those who wanted a larger screen to look at when out flying, larger and much brighter of course. I was suggesting this as an added larger viewing screen, not as the only screen/monitor.

I was not meaning to use this without anything else, you need to have a controller that will connect to it of course. For many people who fly with a small iphone the screen is too small and not bright enough in very sunny conditions, so many users opt for an addition monitor to use as a viewing screen and use an ipad, for example. I use mine with my SC controller for the larger and brighter screen, when conditions call for that. I can mirror the SC screen on this monitor or I can choose to just have it display what the camera is seeing. That's what I do and leave all the flight control info on my SC.

This is what I have and the price is still under $245. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KXN3QR...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=
I am glad you and others brought it up. I am going to get one to use with my Phantom 4. That way I will not have people looking over my shoulder. Thanks.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dave.Samuel