Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

What a sad news like this!

The reality is most people will forget that a product arrived later than expected, but few will forget if a product arrived full of bugs. How many drone flyers would like to fly a half-baked drone?
so true. i guess we will find out since it appears autel is going to launch lite and nano in december. will be interesting to see if there are complaints about drone and/or new explorer not being ready for primetime and at the same time scolding them for not launching on time.

now is not the time to be cancelling a pre-order in an attempt to prevent the resellers from enriching themselves with interest-free money on vaporware. /s /s /s

Yes, there's no way I'd put any money into a pre-order from anyone for anything right now. I have never pre-ordered anything to begin with but with the current state of the world even if I made it a regular habit, there's no way I would do it at the moment.

I am with @kenautelevo2pro I would immediately ask for a refund and wait until they are actually shipping. I agree Autel should have communicated better but no matter what Autel or any vendor says these days; until it is actually in stock somewhere I'm not buying it.

Ditto. NEVER EVER pre ordered ANYTHING! Never would, never will.

Reactions: fpt and herein2021
I also received a statement from Autel that the delivery should take place at the beginning of December.

Autel: „Early part of December is currently the estimated shipping time“

I will believe it when I see it.
They said by December ,now already its the first week of December,then comes mid December and finally by
Christmas,lol.I would not be surprised if they are pushed off until early next year.

where is the dronedj article on how dji missed the launch of the mini 3? is dji late with that drone and not going to launch it until 2022 or will they be given a pass because they simply didn't announce it to make people think they are always on schedule? maybe autel should forgo the announcements and just depends on leaks to get the message out?

or maybe autel should go ahead and release the nano/lite before it is ready, before some of the main features are fully tested, and then shift the firmware update delivery to 2022 so they can say they launched "on time" even though they robbed the customers of some of the best features and don't mind having customers begging and sending emails every week asking "is it ready?" or "when will we get new firmware to fix....?"

waiting until your warehouse if completely filled with enough inventory to fill the channel before making a product launch announcement is a poor marketing strategy. it might work for some products but not for drones, in my opinion. a new drone launch announcement in february will fall flat and is ineffective. especially when it's a drone in a new category that you anticipate your competitor will launch a competing product in at the same time. certainly i would not have said anything today knowing the launch is not until february but if you thought it could happen within 30 days....

both the nano and the mini 3 are likely "late" because they are trying to get obstacle avoidance right. neither of those drones can launch without nearly perfect obstacle avoidance. imo skydio set the standard and if you are going to seriously play in this space, your drone has to come big with it. people expect these drones to follow you practically anywhere and figure it out when put to the test and they put these drones thru ridiculous situations. if you dont want your drone to crash, you need to go back and revisit your work and make the necessary improvements even if it takes months. what will not fly is saying your not as good as skydio or this isn't an action drone or follow me is not it's primary role.
The mini 3 was not missed.because DJI has no plans on releasing it probably not until next year.
Right now there are not even any rumors of it.Maybe they are waiting to see how the nano and nano+ perform first.
Oh and I completely disagree on why having enough product inventory in the warehouses before product launch is
a poor marketing strategy,and yes this includes drones.Why would you make a paper release or announcement on
a new drone or drones,and then not have the product available to get into customers hands for months after.
And this you would consider good marketing strategy.Lol wow.
And I am talking about Autel,now we are talking about poor marketing strategy.
Done

^one of the benefits of not launching your product before it is ready for the public is not being forced to extend the warranty and care refresh policy of every single m3 drone sold in 2021. please let us know cw if you think it is still a grand strategy and if you understand the millions of dollars this will cost the company. i know you can't see it cw but the m3 launch was indeed a "paper release" disguised as a actual launch. i understand most m3 customers won't agree, don't mind getting product that is unfinished because the tech is awesome and they don't mind growing with it because they don't have to seriously use it for their business. and, they have faith in dji to come thru in the end. if i were a dji flyer and i got a beautiful camera almost about as good as the evo2pro camera, i would be elated to say the least and put up with pretty much anything.

excellent drone (but much room to get better) is the m3 and for sure i will get one...in the spring. however, anyone can see this drone is unfinished. when the company has to announce straight away that they have a huge (not small) software update coming in january to fix all the problems and then announce they are resetting the clock on all 2021 drones to 2022....you know that's a sign. and then holiday is cancelled for every employee as they struggle to contain the issues with all hands on deck until this gets fixed? ok, i made up the last part but this HAS to be fixed before chinese new year if there's any hope for m3 and it is already december.

dji had little choice was forced to do this in response to all the complaints and (i don't know this for sure) retailers who have probably had to deal with issues, returns, etc. the online presence is taking a beating, too. it's not too late, even a product that gets off to a bad start can erase the stain and shine in the end which is where i think the m3 will ultimately end up. this is what happens when you launch too soon or without fully testing, autel.

^one of the benefits of not launching your product before it is ready for the public is not being forced to extend the warranty and care refresh policy of every single m3 drone sold in 2021. please let us know cw if you think it is still a grand strategy and if you understand the millions of dollars this will cost the company. i know you can't see it cw but the m3 launch was indeed a "paper release" disguised as a actual launch. i understand most m3 customers won't agree, don't mind getting product that is unfinished because the tech is awesome and they don't mind growing with it because they don't have to seriously use it for their business. and, they have faith in dji to come thru in the end. if i were a dji flyer and i got a beautiful camera almost about as good as the evo2pro camera, i would be elated to say the least and put up with pretty much anything.

excellent drone (but much room to get better) is the m3 and for sure i will get one...in the spring. however, anyone can see this drone is unfinished. when the company has to announce straight away that they have a huge (not small) software update coming in january to fix all the problems and then announce they are resetting the clock on all 2021 drones to 2022....you know that's a sign. and then holiday is cancelled for every employee as they struggle to contain the issues with all hands on deck until this gets fixed? ok, i made up the last part but this HAS to be fixed before chinese new year if there's any hope for m3 and it is already december.

dji had little choice was forced to do this in response to all the complaints and (i don't know this for sure) retailers who have probably had to deal with issues, returns, etc. the online presence is taking a beating, too. it's not too late, even a product that gets off to a bad start can erase the stain and shine in the end which is where i think the m3 will ultimately end up. this is what happens when you launch too soon or without fully testing, autel.
I guess I go along with most customers in that the M3 was not a paper release.the extended warranties and
refresh policies do not take effect until the customers have the products in their hands.To me anyway
i see no difference at all.because it will cost the company millions either way.So yes I still think it good
market strategy.About all I have to say about this for now k2pro.

I guess I go along with most customers in that the M3 was not a paper release.the extended warranties and
refresh policies do not take effect until the customers have the products in their hands.To me anyway
i see no difference at all.because it will cost the company millions either way.So yes I still think it good
market strategy.About all I have to say about this for now k2pro.
ok help me out here. i would like to get the mavic 3 cine version from best buy. i have a bunch of bby gift cards and saved up points and i am expecting a 10% birthday coupon and maybe i get the bby credit card. ideal purchase for bf or cybermonday.... could you please check availability in your area? there are a lousy 3 stores in my metro area and i live in a tiny state so maybe it's just here but i can't seem to find one and shipping says one month but honestly, that can't be right since it has been about a month since launch and i would like to get one NOW pls.

Hi Richard!

We never gave a release date. It was an announcement.

If you followed the nano comment that was a day prior to the announcement. No where has AR given a solid shipping date.

We will announce shipping went the units are ready.

Thank you.
Any updates ????
Saw this posted here...
Maxwell Lee - Autel Robotics 21yr old General Manager said that production is under way and they would ship in December 2021 -

Any updates ????
Saw this posted here...
Maxwell Lee - Autel Robotics 21yr old General Manager said that production is under way and they would ship in December 2021 -
I’ve heard the same. Sorry but I have no further information. Please understand all logistics is tapped at this point.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials