Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

What’s the difference v1 vs v2

Yes no big deal to change your system up if your a hobbyist
I'm a hobbiest in many other ways, but I don't know this. Can you give a link or lead me to the how please? I may do this if it doesn't void my insurance. Thank you!

There isn't a path to changing out the chips to upgrade to V2 from V1, if that's what you're thinking or interpreting. Autel isn't doing it, either.

Reactions: Mikecmix
If we are talking about the aircraft, V1 is only 2.4ghz, while V2 is DUAL BAND (2.4ghz and 5.8ghz)
I just discovered that my E2P v1 with Smart Controller will do Auto frequency switching between 2.4GHz and 900MHz. This changed from 2.4GHz only after running Remote Control Matching on the Remote Control tab.

Reactions: Brock Inspector
There isn't a path to changing out the chips to upgrade to V2 from V1, if that's what you're thinking or interpreting. Autel isn't doing it, either.
We all hope that Autel will provide some options for an upgrade path. Of course, there is always a choice that current V1 owners can make, even if Autel does not address this. It may not be the choice most current owners will be willing to make, but selling one's current V1 kit and starting over from scratch with a new V2 setup, would also be an upgrade path. :(

Last edited:
We all hope that Autel will provide some options for an upgrade path. Of course, there is always a choice that current V1 owners can make, even if Autel does not address this. It may not be the choice most current owners will be willing to make, but selling one's current V1 kit and starting over from scratch with a new V2 setup, would also be an upgrade path. :(
That is exactly what I’m doing 😎 with @advexure the soon as I get my V2 Evo 2 Pro and SC, I’ll sell my V1 kit.

What is certain is that Autel is making progress every year.
The X-Star life span 3/4 years.
The Evo 1 lasts two years.
The Evo 2 V1 lifespan 1 year.
Should we expect a lifespan of 6 months for the Evo 2 V2?
I remain on my reservations and do not go into the optics of buying an Evo 2 given this limitation of lifespan. The King of Obsolescence!
I still have an Inspire which is 7 years old, which still flies and still has its 8 working batteries. And we always find parts.

I remain on my reservations and do not go into the optics of buying an Evo 2 given this limitation of lifespan. The King of Obsolescence!
I still have an Inspire which is 7 years old, which still flies and still has its 8 working batteries. And we always find parts.
You are right :(

**** i sold my Inspire1 X5R. it did its job and made my alot of money.

nice. I vote we "hold" until we heard the facts from autel. don't forget there's a promising "upgrade" process on the table that hasn't yet been fully disclosed.
Autel/Warnas has already spoken to this very issue: there is no program to swap out just the chips for individuals to upgrade their existing Evo 2 v.1 or Smart Controller v.1 to version 2, nor do they intend to do so.

Autel/Warnas has already spoken to this very issue: there is no program to swap out just the chips for individuals to upgrade their existing Evo 2 v.1 or Smart Controller v.1 to version 2, nor do they intend to do so.
agreed, nobody here should believe that can happen.

what they can believe in is an upgrade process that will allow them to continue to enjoy their smart controller regardless of the chipset technology within their equipment. many people have given up on autel or don't believe it is true....but I'm still with them.

agreed, nobody here should believe that can happen.

what they can believe in is an upgrade process that will allow them to continue to enjoy their smart controller regardless of the chipset technology within their equipment. many people have given up on autel or don't believe it is true....but I'm still with them.
I’m also still with them and I’m spending money buying the V2 (SC and Evo2P) just hope that will worth it and also will sell my V1.

im not sure why they cant just swap out the board on smart controller. its very easy to do

Reactions: edgardcafe

I agree.

I don't consider it a necessary "upgrade" at all. My Evo 2 has performed beautifully... and I've had it 16,000 ft away from the controller over the Columbia River and brought it back to me. It's my understanding the V1 to V2 naming is making people think it's a huge performance increase when that just isn't the case. Isn't it just the radio frequency?

Anything to sell more units eh?

No thanks. I'll wait the 6 months till the V3 is announced. 🤣😂

Reactions: edgardcafe

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d