Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo II v1 &v2 - how to tell?

Are the RTK versions that are being released this month going to be v1 or v2?

don't know for sure but mostly likely v1 drones are unmarked and v2 drones will have some sort of distinctive marking. not sure the best way to do it but there is bound to be some minor confusion somewhere down the road.

2021-07-06-18-33-03.png

• Haha
Reactions: PingSpike
According to a support guy at Autel today, there have been no V2 anything made yet.

lots of dishonesty out there on all the sites; the ordinary consumer is going to have a really hard time figuring out what they got...until it's too late. merchants are hoping they don't care or can't understand it and keep whatever they got since it flies straight. who's going to return goods back to china?

nobody knows if v2 equipment is shipping yet but that hasn't stopped merchants for advertising it. I've seen v2, latest 2021 version, etc. there's only one version in 2021 so of course it's the latest but will that label change later this year? probably not and consumers will likely buy a v1.

I've seen "v1/v2" which is an attempt to confuse the consumer when you correctly refer to the drone as "dual-band." it's the evo 2, not the evo v2. and then there is type 1, type 2, type 3 nonsense which will be abused.

it's probably too late for autel to do anything about this. not how I would have handled it. marking a drone with v2 in an inconspicuous location doesn't help with photos if it can be used as a visual indicator especially if the versions are identical. I would have made some sort of overt change that would easily put this to bed. orange bands on the arms or different color antenna or an updated mask....something to show intent.

Reactions: PingSpike
I saw elsewhere on line that the "V2" has "V2" printed in white on top of the body...towards the rear between the 2 upwards sensors. It's hard to miss...

don't know for sure but mostly likely v1 drones are unmarked and v2 drones will have some sort of distinctive marking. not sure the best way to do it but there is bound to be some minor confusion somewhere down the road.
Maybe they'll be purple. I mean, look at the predecessors. :)

According to a support guy at Autel today, there have been no V2 anything made yet.
If they haven't made or released any V2s yet then why is the firmware available for download? I'm just saying I wouldn't believe anything Autel says anymore!

If they haven't made or released any V2s yet then why is the firmware available for download? I'm just saying I wouldn't believe anything Autel says anymore!
Already released. But they won't make it to the shops.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58