Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Video transmitting to my 7 inch LCD on Remote dragging by 1 to 3 minutes when flying 200 to 300 feet away and 200 feet high. My firmware is 2.6.22

VdoMemories

Reaction score
Video transmitting to my 7 inch LCD on Remote dragging by 1 to 3 minutes when flying 200 to 300 feet away and 200 feet high. My firmware is 2.6.22
Sheer waste of flying time if one cant see what is being shot due to excessively long lag with my Lenovo tabM7 LCDD from Walmart for $69

Check your image transmission settings along with another tablet/phone. I get real time display on my Samsung Tab A 8" ($139 via Amazon) both direct with controller, as well as direct via live deck. I tried a Lenovo tab with DJI years ago and returned the tab. Lenovo makes great laptops, not impressed with their smaller tablets.

Reactions: JTZ
Yesterday again I tried flying this time with ZTE cell phone and I went up 400feet and about 250 feet away.
It was showing 25 satellites strength signal but still the video feed to the cell was delayed and choppy,
I tried video transmission on Smooth and Hi Definition made no difference, even tried the antenna straight down and 45* and even up.
If Autel does not fix and give courteous service to customers then DJI has Mavic 3 8K version coming up.
After bad connection and flying I started to wonder if EVO2 Pro is even worth at half its price, you decide !
**--** Thank God Autel don't make cars or else they will be selling them in-complete without the Wheels expecting us to use our other cars Wheels if and when we want to drive it !
This is with 2.6.22 firmware

Last edited:
Its working with Ok my samsung cell phone but I hate having to stick my cell for drone flying.
I never changed any transmission settings. What setting do you feel I should change ?
Sounds like its the lenovo tablet is your issue, you could try the diff transmission settings in explorer app (e.g. smooth vs. highdef), see if they make a diff. Otherwise I would return the tablet for a refund get one that works.

Perhaps it's your remote controller. Duplicate your inital flight using the remote's OLED (no phone or tablet) and see if the lag recurs. At a height/distance of 200 feet, it should be a quick, simple, and safe test to conduct.

Here is a good video worth watching, never know what you will learn from it, it helped me here and there! Autel tutorials are worthless and hard to understand !

Here is another test, Autel needs to wake up and pay attention to what we need, hire good engineers as appose to drunk engineers !

It Almost Crashed Twice!!! DJI Air 2S versus Autel Evo 2 Pro Tracking Test​

Very helpful post about Autel EVO 2 Pro 6K
I watched it on a 55 inch Toshiba TV with amazing colors, not Samsung or Sony !

@VdoMemories If you are using a 3rd party cable and not the supplied cable from Autel - RC to device, change it and try another one. That can make all the difference. Its more than likely NOT the RC or the Drone, otherwise there would be many, many people here complaining about the same issue.

Your controller is showing a satellite count? I thought the current firmware only shows a GPS signal strength.

Reactions: gschulzuio
Last time I flew it was showing 25 satellites count, the cable is a third party, thanks for mentioning it, I'll try the original cable !
**--** The only reason I use the third party cable is I connect the USB-2 port to remote this way I not only charge the remote but the cell at the same time with one connection ( The remote battery seems to drain pretty fast too )
Autel failed to include the USB 2 cable in the rugged fly more kit, yet I see on my second EVO2 Pro it has the cable mentioned below in the picture.
Thank you so much.
Best regards,
Ajay

Attachments

• 20210510_101905.jpg
    20210510_101905.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Maybe they simply haven't upgraded their firmware yet? ?‍♂️

I'm still running v2.5.12 from Ocotober - the last version before "activation" was introduced.
My reason for pointing this out is that the original poster seems to be implying that he is using all of the latest updates yet he has a defective unit. Seems he is not completely current with his updates. I do hope he is reading this as I am only point this out with the intent to help him solve his issue.

At a guess I'd say theres a trash-grade micro-sd card being used. Its probably struggling to write anything and sending out the video after significant difficulty. Get a new u3 v90 sd card and see if that helps.

Reactions: charmin
Lets recap:
1. Update explorer app sw to current version
2. Update aircraft to current sw/fw version
3. Try using different phone/tablet (turn wifi/cell off, airplane mode on) with current explorer ap sw.
4. Make sure using a good data+power cable and not a bad or weak or power only cable.
5. Verify autel explorer app image transmission setting = smooth
6. Verify antennas on controller are up facing aircraft and not facing down (flat side) or crossed, unless aircraft is directly over head).
7. Make sure using a fast microsd, u3/v30 (e.g. SanDisk Extreme Pro) or faster
8. Test with aircraft nearby, then move away in say, 500 to 1000' horizontal increments (when does problem occur).

If problem persists, then using above, along with logs you can document what seeing and send to [email protected] and see what they come back with.

Good luck.

Reactions: charmin and Quad808

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58