Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Video stutters

bb7

Reaction score
Hi i have an Evo2 pro and the problem im having is when i place sd card in my macbook to veiw the footage i find the reccording stutters!

Hi i have an Evo2 pro and the problem im having is when i place sd card in my macbook to veiw the footage i find the reccording stutters!
copy the files off the microsd card and onto your mac computer internal hd and see if it plays better from there.

copy the files off the microsd card and onto your mac computer internal hd and see if it plays better from there.
Hi thanks for the prompt reply, i have downloaded the files onto my mac, the MP4 file still runs poorly, but i also have a THM.MP4 file that run smoothly but the video is not as sharp.

Hi thanks for the prompt reply, i have downloaded the files onto my mac, the MP4 file still runs poorly, but i also have a THM.MP4 file that run smoothly but the video is not as sharp.

I don't know anything about Macs but I can tell you on a PC that problem is almost never the memory card. If the memory card was too slow to keep up, you would have had buffer overflow errors while recording the video.

Stuttering during playback is nearly always due to the fact that the computer, GPU, or video player on the computer cannot keep up. On a PC I would tell you to try a different video player, upgrade your GPU (video card), ensure H.264 acceleration is enabled (if you shot in H.264), switch to H.264 encoding (if you shot in H.265), or import the files into your video editor and use a proxy workflow to edit the footage then render out to H.264.

Long story short, your computer is not fast enough to play the footage straight out of the EVO II with your EVO II's current compression and resolution settings. It sounds like you shot in H.265 and your CPU cannot keep up since H.265 cannot currently be HW accelerated by anything other than the M1 Macs and some of the latest QS capable Intel CPUs.

Like @kenautelevo2pro said, copy contents from microsd card to your mac internal drive. Stutter on playback from internal drive with higher resolution such as 6K or 8K means your computer not fast enough, and/or your video display/driver does not natively support that higher resolution. Quick fix is to pull the source video into your edit sw, render out at high quality lower resolution, should then play fine.

Transfer the footage from the SD card to your MacBook's hard drive: If you are trying to view the footage directly from the SD card, it's possible that the card's read speed is too slow to keep up with the playback. Try copying the footage to your MacBook's hard drive first and then playing it back to see if the stuttering issue goes away, you can play it with potplayer alternative for mac.

Last edited:
Reactions: gschulzuio

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDroneTN