Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Video Link and loss of signal

johnboyml

Reaction score
Hello guys and girls. I am brand new to the Drone and Autel XSP world so please take it easy on me. I just bought my first used drone and it appears to drop the video link from time to time. Its doesn't do it every flight but sort of erractic. I also have flown a few times trying to check the distance I could get and it always losing signal and starts the RTH process about 1200-1500 ft. Is this norma? I was hoping to reach at least 2500-3000 ft before this happens. I am already starting to wonder if I made the right choice with Autel. Any advice and expertise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys and I look forward to flying many times.

Video signal interference can be caused by many things. First is antenna position. You will want them parallel to each other and at right angles to the bird. Second - is there anything blocking the antennas? My 8" tablet gives me more interference than a cell phone. Constantly adjusting antennas/controller position is one thing I have to do, during certain flights.

Video channels can be selected on the RC. You could try a different one. RC should pick strongest on start up.

Are you in beginner mode? Can't remember the limits...

Battery settings can also trigger a RTH.

Lots of issues to consider. Did you get the printed manual? If not there is a .pdf version online...

The XSP is my first "real" quad and I've learned a lot from the folks here. Don't be afraid to ask!

Last edited:
Reactions: KentA
Aside from Goober's list, know that anything which interferes with your line of sight can also interrupt the signal. Trees commonly disrupt my video.

Reactions: Goober

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58