Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Video feed washed out compared to other drones.

easyheimer

Reaction score
Hey guys. I recently purchased a Mavic Air 2 and the first time I flew it I was blown away at how much better the display on my phone looks from the video feed than the Evo 2 Pro. I couldn’t believe how bad the video feed looks on the Evo 2 Pro after that. I actually had a few friends try out both. They both said the same thing when going from the Evo 2 Pro to the Mavic Air 2 saying that the picture was so much better on the Mavic Air 2 and I’d have to agree. Is there settings that I play with to make the video feed quality better? They all kept asking why the Evo 2 Pro was so much more expensive than the Mavic Air 2.

Thanks!

Hey guys. I recently purchased a Mavic Air 2 and the first time I flew it I was blown away at how much better the display on my phone looks from the video feed than the Evo 2 Pro. I couldn’t believe how bad the video feed looks on the Evo 2 Pro after that. I actually had a few friends try out both. They both said the same thing when going from the Evo 2 Pro to the Mavic Air 2 saying that the picture was so much better on the Mavic Air 2 and I’d have to agree. Is there settings that I play with to make the video feed quality better? They all kept asking why the Evo 2 Pro was so much more expensive than the Mavic Air 2.

Thanks!

Are you shooting using the LOG color profile when you fly the EVO II Pro?

Thanks!
Let me understand this a little better, you bought a Evo 2 pro and then you decided to downgrade and buy another drone that has a smaller sensor, shorter flight time, geofenced, and you never even figured out on the Evo 2 pro how you can adjust the video feed settings?

In the Explorer app settings there is a menu called "Image Transmission" there you can adjust it from "smooth" which is lower resolution to "high definition". Tell your friends the reason why the Evo 2 pro costs more is because it's a much better drone. :)

Let me understand this a little better, you bought a Evo 2 pro and then you decided to downgrade and buy another drone that has a smaller sensor, shorter flight time, geofenced, and you never even figured out on the Evo 2 pro how you can adjust the video feed settings?

In the Explorer app settings there is a menu called "Image Transmission" there you can adjust it from "smooth" which is lower resolution to "high definition". Tell your friends the reason why the Evo 2 pro costs more is because it's a much better drone. :)

Unfortunately the OP still hasn't answered on if he was shooting in a LOG color profile. I think he's shooting with a LOG color profile which will make the transmitted video look significantly worse than the DJI products. I've flown nearly every DJI drone made since 2014 and I've had the same iPad mini since 2016......they all look the same on my screen unless a LOG mode is selected. Even the Inspire's video feed looks the same to me as the EVO II.

One of the things on my EVO II feature wish list is a monitoring LUT so that when you are shooting in the LOG profile the screen is easier to see.

Reactions: The Autelian
I like that the screen accurately displays the camera capture, mostly, but 10-bit log can be a little harder to navigate by. In other color modes, it's great on my OLED Pixel 4a5G screen.

Thanks!
Sounds like you may have the video record in 'Log' mode. This is actually a recording mode that does not automatically filter out 'irrelevant - as determined by the software algorithms' light. Its kind of like a video equivalent of raw files when taking still photography.

What you have recorded is actually good quality for editing in your video editor and there is an Autel LUT (Look Up Table) that will convert your file into something that looks better, although it will still need tinkering with .

The challenge with filming in Log is that it is really difficult to work out where the subject of the filming may be. I do a lot of work over water with surfers etc. Filming in Log results in great video but taking the shots is very difficult.

The Autel Evo has a lot of potential and capabilities but the instructions and support is mediocre, at best. I have had mine for 8 months and it has driven me mad. I have learned that its not me and its not the drone. The support team in Autel need to realise that not everybody is a software boffin,

its getting there so stay with it,

Reactions: The Autelian

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller