Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Video Editing

jjpish68

Reaction score
Hello what are you all using to edit video from your drone?

I am currently using Adobe Premier but not sure what the issues are with it. My RAW footage from my card transferred to computer looks good and clear. I put together a video in Premier and no matter what export settings I try the final product is not clear and pixelated. I have watched multiple tutorial videos on youtube but just cant get the quality I'm looking for. I want to be able to view my final product on my that an iPhone or Ipad. My RAW footage looks great on a 55" TV but after adobe a laptop computer is pushing it....

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have used pretty much ever one of them but just lately started playing around with Filmra. Seems to be a favorite of a lot of people on the forum so I thought I would try it out. So far I like it and its pretty easy to get used to.

Hello what are you all using to edit video from your drone?

I am currently using Adobe Premier but not sure what the issues are with it. My RAW footage from my card transferred to computer looks good and clear. I put together a video in Premier and no matter what export settings I try the final product is not clear and pixelated. I have watched multiple tutorial videos on youtube but just cant get the quality I'm looking for. I want to be able to view my final product on my that an iPhone or Ipad. My RAW footage looks great on a 55" TV but after adobe a laptop computer is pushing it....

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
@jjpish68 If you can give a little more info on how you are setting up your project and what your output settings are perhaps I can help. I've been using Premiere for over 20 years.

Reactions: jjpish68
@jjpish68 If you can give a little more info on how you are setting up your project and what your output settings are perhaps I can help. I've been using Premiere for over 20 years.

Thank You

I have used:
H.264 with Match Source - High Bitrate
H.264 with High Quality 1080HD
H.264 with High Quality 2160p 4K
And H.265 with all same combos as above

I have tried to make adjustments which then makes it Custom and nothing seems to come out in a good quality. I'm not sure what is going on have used it for many videos and seems as late the quality is not there. I have videos I put together a year ago that look like I want but as of late not going so well...

It is definitely something I'm doing wrong in Premier. Just did a short test video in the free version of above mentioned Filmora and my video was nice and clear no pixilation.

I like Filmora also. I've tried basically all the others but I'm not that good with editing and Filmora just worked for me. If you do get it, they have a thing going on their website right now that you can spin a wheel and win effects packs. You can spin twice a day till Nov, 15th. You'll likely get a few effects packs with the spins but the grand prize is a gopro 8. I actually won a month free sub so I got to download/install a ton of effects packs (60+ or so) from the standard library. More than I'll ever use. I actually bought the full version of Filmora because I liked it so much.

I've been using cyberlink powerdirector 17 and it works fine for me.

Reactions: Rubik3x
Thank You

I have used:
H.264 with Match Source - High Bitrate
H.264 with High Quality 1080HD
H.264 with High Quality 2160p 4K
And H.265 with all same combos as above

I have tried to make adjustments which then makes it Custom and nothing seems to come out in a good quality. I'm not sure what is going on have used it for many videos and seems as late the quality is not there. I have videos I put together a year ago that look like I want but as of late not going so well...
@jjpish68 What version of Premiere are you using? Are you setting up your project relative to the codec you are using? How do the previews look prior to export? Are you outputting to h264? Are you doing a 2 pass hi bit-rate encoding in Adobe Media Encoder?
Perhaps you should pull an old project back onto your edit bay and check the settings to see what you used when you had the better quality output. Here is a link to a recent 4K edit with EVO footage done in Premiere. MV Aurora Restoration Project 4K
Lots of variables..... Jim

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RonalsBerigon310