Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Using Android phone with Evo, battery drainage.

J Lo's Behind

Reaction score
I used the explorer app with my Evo.
Problem is that the controller automatically starts charging the phone battery and as a result, the remote controller starts losing its charge quickly.
I checked my phone and there is no way to turn this off.
Anyone know of another fix?

Common problem with Android phones and tablets. The amount you will lose from the controller battery is very little. One way is to make sure your phone is fully charged. Another is to mod the USB cable.
This is for the Parrot Anafi but will work for the EVO also.

Reactions: lukappaseidue
On the USB A connector find pin 4 and place a thin strip of tape on that pin. Google for pin 4 or see the attached image and add the strip of tape. You will still see a charging indicator but it will actually not have any current draw from the controller. This problem is excessive with the Mavic controllers. As you stated, there are no controls in Android or IOS to prevent the discharge from the controller. Clear skies!

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 39
I have a Galaxy note 9 and used a USB BATTERY PACK and plugged into the large USB port on the controller while the phone was plugged into the small port and it seems to have solved the problem. I will know for sure if it stops raining so I can check it out.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials