Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Unique ways to get use out of that drone.

Apollo11capcom

Reaction score
Im getting ready to go scout a bees nest that I can't see or get to from the ground, it's tucked up above my garage roof, by my kitchen window somewhere (they're coming into my kitchen there).

These are honey bees though, and iI like feel bad killing them, but the wife said kill them, kill them all, so off i go for some recon.

I wonder if Autel would activate my 900M radio for this?

Im getting ready to go scout a bees nest that I can't see or get to from the ground, it's tucked up above my garage roof, by my kitchen window somewhere (they're coming into my kitchen there).

These are honey bees though, and iI like feel bad killing them, but the wife said kill them, kill them all, so off i go for some recon.

I wonder if Autel would activate my 900M radio for this?
Lol...

Careful, killing honey bees could be illegal, it is where I live, here they have to be removed by a certified expert.

Careful, killing honey bees could be illegal, it is where I live, here they have to be removed by a certified expert.
I already googled it, everything I found says its legal as long as nothing illegal is used to kill them.

I was thinking about using the blender technique with the Evos props, I think that's legal.

I already googled it, everything I found says its legal as long as nothing illegal is used to kill them.

I was thinking about using the blender technique with the Evos props, I think that's legal.
Every town has bee keepers. Give one a call and they will come and remove the hive to someplace safe. Honey bees are are not doing well and we need them more then you think.

Last edited:
It may be legal but it is NOT smart!!!
Ok ok, please recognize a little tongue in cheek here!

You guys are preaching to the choir, these are all good points I made to my wife, I was on the bees side!

In the end I didn't do anything, when i got out my evo (to INSPECT and LOCATE the hive, not blend, that was a joke people! ) my batteries were all discharged, don't fret, the bees live on!

Hey Apollo, I also think bees are a nuisance in many circumstances. I got your tongue in cheek humor and am surprised at the tree hugging.......bee hugging??? vitriol your fellow EVO owners are laying on you here.

Reactions: Apollo11capcom
Bee Keepers would likely 'bee" happy to take them. We had a situation at my job with Honeybees. An expert keeper came by, removed the queen and the rest followed. No more bees. He now has a whole new hive producing honey. Anyway, wasn't there some news recently telling about bees being in some kind of trouble? If they can be moved without killing them, that would be far better. Good luck and do let us know how it turns out for you.

Reactions: mamanes
Another concern is whether the bees have been there long enough to establish a significant amount of honeycomb in a wall, soffit or ceiling void. While the bees are there, they actually work to keep it cool. Once they are gone, it can melt and get everywhere, as well as act to attract roaches and other vermin. I used to do that type of work for a living. I once pulled about a hundred pounds of honeycomb from an apartment ceiling. The resident said the bees had been there for eight years that she knew of, possibly more. Leaving the comb in place can also attract other swarms of bees.

Another concern is whether the bees have been there long enough to establish a significant amount of honeycomb in a wall, soffit or ceiling void. While the bees are there, they actually work to keep it cool. Once they are gone, it can melt and get everywhere, as well as act to attract roaches and other vermin. I used to do that type of work for a living. I once pulled about a hundred pounds of honeycomb from an apartment ceiling. The resident said the bees had been there for eight years that she knew of, possibly more. Leaving the comb in place can also attract other swarms of bees.
This was a point my wife made during our debate, I've seen video like what you're describing. I know that's got to be horribly expensive to fix and a general pain in the rear, but I can't help but to think 'mmmmm, honey.'

I know they haven't been around long, I didn't see them last year, so i think they're new to the neighborhood.

It maybe a small chance, but my biggest concern is an africanized queen coming along. Ive got kids, if it's them living but my kids possibly getting attacked - adios bees.

This was a point my wife made during our debate, I've seen video like what you're describing. I know that's got to be horribly expensive to fix and a general pain in the rear, but I can't help but to think 'mmmmm, honey.'

I know they haven't been around long, I didn't see them last year, so i think they're new to the neighborhood.

It maybe a small chance, but my biggest concern is an africanized queen coming along. Ive got kids, if it's them living but my kids possibly getting attacked - adios bees.
@Apollo11capcom ... I had a weird experience the other day when I found a few bees in the house. I realized they were coming down my chimney. The first few I caught and released outside. I then checked my chimney and saw them starting to swarm on the top of it. I set a small, smokey fire and also hit the top of the chimney with the some water from the hose. I had to leave for the afternoon and had visions of a large bee hive in my living room when I returned. Apparently they wised up and left.
Certainly don't want to kill them as the agriculture here depends on them. One of my buddies has been helping the bees in Nor Cal with these specialized drones by pollinating cherry trees in Ca. as well as some locations in Washington State. I was involved in the testing phase and these things are beasts! Check under the drone and you will see the pollen hopper.IMG_2137.JPG

Reactions: Apollo11capcom
@Apollo11capcom ... I had a weird experience the other day when I found a few bees in the house. I realized they were coming down my chimney. The first few I caught and released outside. I then checked my chimney and saw them starting to swarm on the top of it. I set a small, smokey fire and also hit the top of the chimney with the some water from the hose. I had to leave for the afternoon and had visions of a large bee hive in my living room when I returned. Apparently they wised up and left.
Certainly don't want to kill them as the agriculture here depends on them. One of my buddies has been helping the bees in Nor Cal with these specialized drones by pollinating cherry trees in Ca. as well as some locations in Washington State. I was involved in the testing phase and these things are beasts! Check under the drone and you will see the pollen hopper.View attachment 4237
That's cool, it looks enormous...

Reactions: mamanes
DO NOT KILL THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't want them I do. I don't know where you live, though. If you look up bee keepers for your county there will be some numbers posted for bee removal and they will come out to collect the swarm. They want them. They are valuable. I just paid $140 for a box of bees last week.

Reactions: jcommstudios

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo