Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Try-pod mount

rkyleh

Reaction score
I toyed with this once before and wasn't completely satisfied with the results. This time I used a piece of G10 so the mount would be stiff and I shaped it to the controller so I can still get to the back button if I want. This works extremely well I don't have to hold the weight and the try-pod is light so it is easy to move to shoot at a different angle. The Velcro is 1 inch wide and is rated at ten pounds it holds good you have to pry it loose when your done flying. Some of us elderly gentlemen need a little help. :DIMG_2333.JPGIMG_2334.JPGIMG_2339.JPG

Last edited:
I use a mono-pod frequently on cameras and thought about this. Nice job. Would help a lot when the arthritis kicks in - which is becoming more and more of a problem.

I use a mono-pod frequently on cameras and thought about this. Nice job. Would help a lot when the arthritis kicks in - which is becoming more and more of a problem.
Agree, that is the main reason for this setup. I have wanted to go to a larger monitor. Now I can mount it on the try-pod and hold the control if I want.

Another more portable alternative is to use a standard lanyard neck strap attached to an elastic hair band triple wrapped around the thin base of the phone mount. It then balances well, even with an iPad Mini attached, using an extender bracket hooked over the top of the phone mount. Weight is then around your neck and braced by your stomach, so you can move around to hand catch for the landing.

Another more portable alternative is to use a standard lanyard neck strap attached to an elastic hair band triple wrapped around the thin base of the phone mount. It then balances well, even with an iPad Mini attached, using an extender bracket hooked over the top of the phone mount. Weight is then around your neck and braced by your stomach, so you can move around to hand catch for the landing.
By simply removing the control from the try pod I can step to the side and hand catch if I need to and I don't have anything hanging around my neck. I want to go to a larger monitor Like the Ipad air. I seldom use auto land I prefer to land it myself and just recently started to landing using the camera and monitor only. The first few times it was kind of tense but now it is my preferred way to land.

By simply removing the control from the try pod I can step to the side and hand catch if I need to and I don't have anything hanging around my neck. I want to go to a larger monitor Like the Ipad air. I seldom use auto land I prefer to land it myself and just recently started to landing using the camera and monitor only. The first few times it was kind of tense but now it is my preferred way to land.
That works, too! I tend to move around a lot, especially if changing flying directions, to avoid blocking trees or buildings, depending upon the launch site, and I have never landed without hand catching, except on my very first drone, where it flipped over! I use the monitor until I can see the drone in the sky, and then guide it to my hand completely manually for the hand catch. Too much debris kicked up from the ground into motors otherwise without a landing pad, and sandblasting the lens filter is never a good thing.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adunsky