Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Treed drone.

• Thread starter Deleted member 9417
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9417

Anyone in the KC metro area know a tree service, etc,. that does drone retrieval? I have tried three tree services and they all said they do not that kind of work. Would not give a reason why.

Anyone in the KC metro area know a tree service, etc,. that does drone retrieval? I have tried three tree services and they all said they do not that kind of work. Would not give a reason why.

I never thought about how to get a drone out of a high tree if it got stuck. The fire dept won't help because no one is in danger. Tree trimmers definitely won't do it; their insurance policies do not cover rescues or retrievals so if one of their trimmers fell out of the bucket or tree while retrieving your drone it could be a big liability headache for them. Also, in my area most tree companies won't even call you back if the job is less than $1500....just not worth their time.

If it is in the very top of the tree you could try a second drone and some hooks to fish it out, I have seen a YT video where they did that......if it is a tall tree and stuck in the middle you might just be out of luck. You could also rent a tow behind lift but you would need a tow vehicle and the cost would probably be around $400. Last but not least, you could try Craigslist, someone on there is bound to take the job if you pay enough.

Do you own a chainsaw? That worked for me when an RC plane of mine lodged near the top of a tree.

I'm a tree swinger. I'm 2.5 hrs away from KC. Send Me pics. I'll let you know. I've done rescues out of town where fire depts won't touch because it's not human.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain