Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Transitioning mobile devices

mjbok

Reaction score
I think I know the answer to this, but I figured I would ask here anyway.

Basically the situation I have is I am going to change the mobile device I use to fly my Evo. I run a series of Waypoint missions most of the times I fly. I've been working on a house build location and I go out every few days to get progress, etc. I have an account which has my flight logs, but my question is this:

Is there a way to transfer flight logs and/or (more importantly) Waypoint missions from one mobile device to another? I'm fairly certain there isn't, but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask.

If this ability doesn't exist, how are waypoints handled with DJI drones? I know the mission information is all in the cloud, but are Waypoint missions handled this way as well?

Maybe this is just a me thing, but this does seem like an oversight.

You could try using a data backup app such as Helium. It requires basic knowledge of using adb.

After creating a data backup of the Autel Explorer app using Helium, you would copy the backed up data to another phone, launch Helium from the other phone, and choose data restore.

What device are you going from and to? If it is an Apple product, back up the old device to your computer via iTunes. Then plug in the new device and tell iTunes to restore your data to the new device.

What device are you going from and to? If it is an Apple product, back up the old device to your computer via iTunes. Then plug in the new device and tell iTunes to restore your data to the new device.

Android to Android. On the upside I did restore my flight history, just can't get my waypoints.

Answering my own question here in case anyone else can benefit from it. I couldn't get my device to connect with Helium so I was just about ready to give up after working on it for a couple of hours. Then it hit me. The developers of the app haven't been great, what is the chance their security is crap?

Pretty good apparently. If you connect your device to your computer there will be a folder called Explorer in root. Inside of that is a Mission folder. Copy that, then copy it to your new device. Waypoints copied. Haven't flown them yet, but they show up in the app correctly.

Reactions: UnRanged
Android to Android. On the upside I did restore my flight history, just can't get my waypoints.
Waypoints are text files saved on the Autel explorer folder under a subfolder called waypoints. Send those to email and restore on new phone.

Answering my own question here in case anyone else can benefit from it. I couldn't get my device to connect with Helium so I was just about ready to give up after working on it for a couple of hours. Then it hit me. The developers of the app haven't been great, what is the chance their security is crap?

Pretty good apparently. If you connect your device to your computer there will be a folder called Explorer in root. Inside of that is a Mission folder. Copy that, then copy it to your new device. Waypoints copied. Haven't flown them yet, but they show up in the app correctly.
just tried this, and my phone's 'folder' only shows up as empty on my PC...so can't proceed into any Autel specific directories to try and move mission files.....Disappointed....

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials