Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Top sensor getting scratched from props

Waldo Pepper

Reaction score
Noticed this today, during storage top props are scratching top front sensor.

If it’s been mentioned before please delete this, I don’t think it has. Found a solution, using a spare Mavic 2 prop clamp the same prop protector fits over Evo 2 front top sensor. Stays secured, now props don’t rub on top of sensor during storage. Be aware, the top props do rub against top housing and sensor. Over time, Gradually scratching sensor.

Just occured to me, if props are nicked coupled with the downward pressure these nicks on props can scratch top front sensor over time.

Good luck everyone,
Paul

10FE8D9A-A514-4DE2-B651-D2A5BFCC7E30.jpeg71747E36-105A-4F55-A099-B6CBE904AF91.jpegE792ED28-A59A-4BC0-85AE-63BA54A24192.jpeg

Last edited:
Noticed this today, during storage top props are scratching top front sensor.

If it’s been mentioned before please delete this, I don’t think it has. Found a solution, using a spare Mavic 2 prop clamp the same prop protector fits over Evo 2 front top sensor. Stays secured, now props don’t rub on top of sensor during storage. Be aware, the top props do rub against top housing and sensor. Over time, Gradually scratching sensor.

Just occured to me, if props are nicked coupled with the downward pressure these nicks on props can scratch top front sensor over time.

Good luck everyone,
Paul

View attachment 8447View attachment 8448View attachment 8449

Great! One more thing to buy, lol.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
I'm lucky. My drone has a nice cushy spot with its arms deployed always ready to grab for a flight :).

After reviewing this thread I decided to kill two birds with one stone. Preventing the scratching is one thing but I wanted something to hold the drone simply and more securely while transporting in a small shoulder bag. So I just picked this up on Amazon - Anbee Propeller Holder Clip / Soft Silicone Props Holder Compatible with Autel Evo II 2 RC Drone Quadcopter for $15. Works perfectly. There is a rubber stopper preventing the blades from moving over the top sensors. Even fits nicely in the bigger GPC case. Here are a few pics!!!IMG_5978.jpgIMG_5979.jpgIMG_5980.jpgIMG_5981.jpg

After reviewing this thread I decided to kill two birds with one stone. Preventing the scratching is one thing but I wanted something to hold the drone simply and more securely while transporting in a small shoulder bag. So I just picked this up on Amazon - Anbee Propeller Holder Clip / Soft Silicone Props Holder Compatible with Autel Evo II 2 RC Drone Quadcopter for $15. Works perfectly. There is a rubber stopper preventing the blades from moving over the top sensors. Even fits nicely in the bigger GPC case. Here are a few pics!!!View attachment 8493View attachment 8494View attachment 8495View attachment 8496

Thanks Troy,

Thats a neat setup, so neat I ordered one from Amazon few minutes ago. They got me on taxes and shipping, but that’s okay sure is a terrific prop and sensor protector setup.

Thanks again!
Paul

After reviewing this thread I decided to kill two birds with one stone. Preventing the scratching is one thing but I wanted something to hold the drone simply and more securely while transporting in a small shoulder bag. So I just picked this up on Amazon - Anbee Propeller Holder Clip / Soft Silicone Props Holder Compatible with Autel Evo II 2 RC Drone Quadcopter for $15. Works perfectly. There is a rubber stopper preventing the blades from moving over the top sensors. Even fits nicely in the bigger GPC case. Here are a few pics!!!View attachment 8493View attachment 8494View attachment 8495View attachment 8496

This is awesome Thanks!! I just bought the last one off Amazon :p

Sort of a simple solution. I used tiny rubber bands on the prop tips. Serves two purposes, 1 holds the props together, and 2, keeps the props from moving on the top of the drone. Cost me nothing. One rubber band per prop.

Reactions: mamanes
Sort of a simple solution. I used tiny rubber bands on the prop tips. Serves two purposes, 1 holds the props together, and 2, keeps the props from moving on the top of the drone. Cost me nothing. One rubber band per prop.
I've heard over time that that bends the props. I don't know for a fact.

Tiny rubber bands, not strong enough to bend anything, and only connected at the tips. Otherwise, may be time to just take off the props when storing. I am thinking you could use a simple zip tie too, and just have it set in a loop and slide it on the end of the props. It will make it so the props can't move over the top of the drone.

Reactions: Tufargon
Thanks for the tip. Just got my Evo 2 Pro and I think I'll just be disconnecting the props when storing in the rugged case.

While I haven't had this concern with my Evo2, a fast and simple solution would be to put a piece of cloth on top of the body but under the blades. I'd think a thin bit of microfiber like a lens cleaning cloth would do the trick.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials