Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

To upgrade or not to upgrade...

KamilK

Reaction score
Hi,

I have bought my E2P two days ago. Today I had an opportunity to fly a bit. So... Generally it's not bad but there are
some slight problems with autofocus while in video mode. Didn't do much of photos since it's quite chilly here today....
But... I took like 3 in a row from above some lakes and trees and... f11, ISO100 1/320 and... two are out of focus.

So. When I came back and powered up the controller and the drone to make some changes it told me to upgrade to
2.5.12. After reading those catastrophic messages about this firmware I am a bit frightened :) On Monday I have a
super important job to do with this drone and... well.

So. The flight control firmware I have is V0.0.1.92 and what I've found that in 2.5.0 this was V0.0.1.97... so probably my
firmware is super old :)

Should I worry about this 2.5.12? Or just do the upgrade with the SD card for all my batteries and run gimbal, compass, IMU calibration
and not worry? :)

All the best!

Kamil

.12 is a huge step forward - You gonna liked it (I have instaled .18 beta yesterday - also good!!!)
About AF - I quit fighting and moved to MF (Manual focus) and have no focus problems anymore ;) (just focus on 0 to the left!)

.12 is a huge step forward - You gonna liked it (I have instaled .18 beta yesterday - also good!!!)
About AF - I quit fighting and moved to MF (Manual focus) and have no focus problems anymore ;) (just focus on 0 to the left!)
Hi alex, after uogradiing to fw 2.5.18, have you been asked to activate your Evo 2?

Reactions: alex_markov
And you say "everything will be fine"? :) As for the focus... I will be flying in a... theatre. It's huge. So I don't worry so much about crashing or anything else. But I need to have the picture razor sharp. Well. I am taking my friends Mavic 2 Pro for a backup but I want to do the job with my crazy orange :) Well. Maybe I will update it then.

The upgrade went flawlessly. Three times - did for every battery I have. Will fly tomorrow and see it I'm in orange heaven or orange hell :)

I can’t even find the updated iOS Explorer app anywhere.
Are you able to find an Android device to activate?
Anyway this is very frustrating that We have to activate our EVO for AUTEL CARE!.
So If somebeody does not want or can't activate the drone, he can't use the expensive drone ...
I left DJI also for this pain, now the nightmare is back with Autel: I hope they remove this "features"

Last edited:
Had 4 long flys with .18 no issues (beside IMU calibration stuck at point 6 ;) first time for me ;) glad take-off button starts motors now - great for hand launch ;)

So... I did go flying today. Before decided to do the gimbal and imu calibration. Well after like 3-4 times of autocalibration the gimbal held position nicely and after 5 seconds just... switched off. Gimbal only. So it was not nice. Finally it somehow got a grip. Maybe after restart? It was quite cold and my fingers where in pain :) I did compass 3 way calibration with no problem. But. I can't do the IMU calibration at all. It fails at the first step. So I flew without doing it and... it seemed to be ok... the overall feeling of the flight.

Now I switched the whole system again and the gimbal seems to be fine. Hope it will behave on monday. And I have to check the video and photos for sharpness... manual sharpness....

Hi,

I have bought my E2P two days ago. Today I had an opportunity to fly a bit. So... Generally it's not bad but there are
some slight problems with autofocus while in video mode. Didn't do much of photos since it's quite chilly here today....
But... I took like 3 in a row from above some lakes and trees and... f11, ISO100 1/320 and... two are out of focus.

So. When I came back and powered up the controller and the drone to make some changes it told me to upgrade to
2.5.12. After reading those catastrophic messages about this firmware I am a bit frightened :) On Monday I have a
super important job to do with this drone and... well.

So. The flight control firmware I have is V0.0.1.92 and what I've found that in 2.5.0 this was V0.0.1.97... so probably my
firmware is super old :)

Should I worry about this 2.5.12? Or just do the upgrade with the SD card for all my batteries and run gimbal, compass, IMU calibration
and not worry? :)

All the best!

Kamil
If it flies dont screw with it - mine is in process of being sent to Autel for a 6 week hospital stay from the update. Dont say I didn't warn you! Hold off for a bit please. My 2 cents.

Well.. I did my update to 2.5.12 before the job. The video I have to take was in a large theater. So. No GPS. Only ATTI flight. No compass calibration. Generally I think it wasn't bad. I've had my customer with me :) Oh... and I still couldn't calibrate the IMU... stuck on 1st stage. Anyway. I was flying from the balcony, down over the chairs to the stage. Only when approaching the stage I had some problems with straight flight... I guess it could be some heave electricity wires there. It is the biggest theater in Poland so... The thing that annoyed me more was... that I could't really switch off the obstacle sensors. I was clicking the icon on the explorer app and it said it was off... but.... when I was trying to fly through the door (my client's wishes grew :)) it slowed down one time and stopped the other. So. I wrote Autel and they said - upgrade to 2.5.18 buddy ;) So. I did. It was after the job of course. So. I didn't fly with 2.5.18 yet but already know - my IMU calibration still doesn't work. I've already got info from Autel to contact my seller in such a situation. Fortunately it is winter here so I will not miss my drone THAT much while waiting for expertise or exchange ;)

After 7 reboots I got it to work and flew it for 3 minutes then . . . the screen went blank and after 6 more tries NADA. Waiting on them to call I clearly cant fix this. Sounds like you are doing some real flying, the populous doesn't realize what it takes to maneuver in the environments.

Good for you.

I am holding off on upgrading. there are only 1 or 2 more days left in the flying season and I would like to fly. after that, maybe I can upgrade when the all-clear is given and if there is a half-way decent day in the middle of the winter where I can test fly on the new software.....with time to sort it out for upcoming flying season in the spring. sorry folks are having trouble but we appreciate you testing out the new software for us.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beatsal