Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Tile

Peter Goldwing

Reaction score
I have put a tile on the drone, the thing that sends a signal to find it in case of loss.
I wonder if that has any negative effects in the drone computer or compass.

I have put a tile on the drone, the thing that sends a signal to find it in case of loss.

No but the range on a tile is less than 20 ft , so dont go to far.
When I tested the Tiles on my keys it did not make it past my kitchen corner. Trashed it that day.

Did you find a GPS tracker?
Your post got me to thinkin what a useful thing it would be to have on board. On Amazon I found GPS Tracker for Dogs. It costs $50, and the annual subscription fee is about $80. It weighs 30 - 35 grams (but I think it may not be drone useable since it is magnetized.)

I'd be interested to hear of your GPS tracking solution.

Did you find a GPS tracker?
Your post got me to thinkin what a useful thing it would be to have on board. On Amazon I found GPS Tracker for Dogs. It costs $50, and the annual subscription fee is about $80. It weighs 30 - 35 grams (but I think it may not be drone useable since it is magnetized.)

I'd be interested to hear of your GPS tracking solution.

This is the best for tracking a lost drone.

This is second best.

Reactions: superflyguy
No but the range on a tile is less than 20 ft , so dont go to far.
When I tested the Tiles on my keys it did not make it past my kitchen corner. Trashed it that day.
I didnt try it . I bought a package. they say the expensive one is good for 400 ft or so. I know that not much but not sure how far the one Augustine posted will transmit
I used to have one for my cat . I used an reception antenna to track it down . It was good for about half a mile

The trackimo is only good if you have cell tower reception. If you do it works perfectly. Trouble is they need 3G now I believe and someplaces do not have 3G yet. I had one of the very first ones that ran off 2G and all my towers are 3G so it would not work. Had to send it back for a refund.
The Marco Polo will track up to two miles away I think.

It shouldn't. even though bluetooth is closer to the 2.4ghz band it shouldn't make that big of a difference. I do carry the Marco Polo units that Agustine has just shown you and, they work amazing. They have UPTO a 2 mile range and, the hard case can withstand a very heavy crash. They also work so much better than a bluetooth tile. That has a very very very limited range.

The Marco Polo unit works in the 900mhz range so It not anywhere close to your signal. Theres no monthly fees becuase it doesn't run off the cell tower. Ive had such good luck with them and, the people who have purchased them have loved them too.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58