Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

There are still honest folks in this world...

Yes, there are 3 well-known sites around L.A. with similar formations - Mormon Rocks, the Devil's Punchbowl, and Vasquez Rocks. Vasquez is the most popular filming location, mostly because it is closest to the film studios. A lot of Star Trek footage was filmed at Vasquez Rocks.

Nope mine arived today at 12:50 pm. Mines hopefully just the shell.
Just got an email from Autel telling me, in essence, that my bird was totaled. They offered me a refurb unit for $450. Expensive mistake...

I will certainly be a lot more careful going forward...

I’m not surprised on their diagnosis of my drone. The top and bottom shells both had gashes and were bent. The lens had a ding in it from striking a rock, and although the drone would power up, the gimbal would spasmodically rock back and forth, and the drone wouldn’t connect with the R/C. It didn’t seem like there was much to salvage save the R/C.

For your entertainment pleasure - the last moments of my now defunct drone (RIP). I can now see the value of flying from the screen. I was flying while watching the drone from the ground. From my vantage point on the ground, I could not see that outcropping sticking up towards the rear, and smacked dead into it. The video is unedited - it must have stopped recording on impact.

Well my new bird will be waiting for me to sign for and get Monday AM...

There was a similar story as this on another forum. Drone was lost near Moab. The finder actually contacted the loser on the forum and they got together. I believe there are a majority of good people in this hobby.

I learned early on to only look at my Drone when nearing landing location.

Glad you are getting fixed up!!!

Reactions: Bigbit
Aw man, it cut off just before the good stuff. I got to see mine kinda flop around in the two trees I landed in.

This is the last image I got from Starlink after the crash, so it appears that the camera was still working...

fullsizeoutput_31c1.jpeg

Well, after completely prepping the XSP yesterday, I went out and flew my new toy today. Arrived at my local site to find two sheriff’s vehicles blocking the entrance. Turns out they were doing search and rescue practice with a helicopter. The sheriff advised me they would be done in 10 minutes and to move away because the chopper “would pepper my truck with rocks if I stayed where I was”. Wish I got some pictures - it was fun to watch the copter land, the men rush the stretcher (with a dummy) into the chopper, then watch the chopper take off while the men took cover behind their vehicle. Man, there was dust and dirt flying!

After they left, I set up, did a compass calibration with no issues, and she flew great. On the RTH landing, she came down fairly quickly from 200 feet, and then she slowed down for the last 10 feet, with a perfect landing and shutdown.

On another note, I just watched my Red Sox turn a triple play!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hippo35