Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The saga of the Autel Enterprise continues

Mladen008

Reaction score
So after almost 2 weeks of having a downed enterprise that could not be updated via air or SD card, Autel advised us to ship the unit back to them. The smart controller would discharge battery at a crazy fast rate. We’d be lucky to get 30-45 minutes out of it before it was at 15% battery life. I put it on the provided charger for 6 days and we got to 83% battery life.

We discovered that you cannot plug a charger into the smart controller while you’re flying. It automatically disconnects the controller from the aircraft. So if you’re on a prolonged mission, good luck. Also discovered that live-streaming and recording to the SD card causes issues as well. Can’t switch between thermal and vis cam, changing palettes causes the recording to stop.

I spoke to a customer service representative who told me they were not with the company long enough to diagnose or help with the problem, but that they’ve had a ton of complaints and issues with the V2 Enterprise and smart controller.

We have one Enterprise that works smashingly. The other was a lemon. Guess that’s life. 🤣

Reactions: ElectricPickle
So after almost 2 weeks of having a downed enterprise that could not be updated via air or SD card, Autel advised us to ship the unit back to them. The smart controller would discharge battery at a crazy fast rate. We’d be lucky to get 30-45 minutes out of it before it was at 15% battery life. I put it on the provided charger for 6 days and we got to 83% battery life.

We discovered that you cannot plug a charger into the smart controller while you’re flying. It automatically disconnects the controller from the aircraft. So if you’re on a prolonged mission, good luck. Also discovered that live-streaming and recording to the SD card causes issues as well. Can’t switch between thermal and vis cam, changing palettes causes the recording to stop.

I spoke to a customer service representative who told me they were not with the company long enough to diagnose or help with the problem, but that they’ve had a ton of complaints and issues with the V2 Enterprise and smart controller.

We have one Enterprise that works smashingly. The other was a lemon. Guess that’s life. 🤣

Thank you for your post and update. I am planning on purchasing a Autel Evo 2 Pro Enterprise, but am waiting for the rumored Autel Enterprise Care to come to fruition. I guess the wait will be worth it as they iron out the kinks.

I wonder if that’s a V2 issue or just an odd bug RE: can’t charge while flying.

I could have sworn I’ve heard of others using a battery bank to charge while flying with the SC.

Thank you for your post and update. I am planning on purchasing a Autel Evo 2 Pro Enterprise, but am waiting for the rumored Autel Enterprise Care to come to fruition. I guess the wait will be worth it as they iron out the kinks.
U do know u can insure your $3k drone for like $60 a year with State Farm. That’s what I did with my enterprise screw Autel care.

I have the USA Dual model and the smart controller. Completely unflyable. I am on my 3rd hull from Autel. Even had to go from V1 to V2 to try and get something working. Its amazing to me the number of bugs with anything Autel. Its 2 years into the product and just now I am getting the most basic bugs addressed like chinese language pop ups to now actually be in english. They couldnt get the stock controllers programmable buttons going for almost a year. I find it comical people are talking about an Evo 3 when I still have the most expensive version of Evo 2 with the "made in the usa" claim, and its 95% a brick. I have almost a 3 second delay while using the thermal camera with flight controls. Try flying that and not crashing. My formal answer from Autel is, we dont really know how or when this will be fixed. They put partial blame on FLIR. I wish I didnt know how or when my check for this product was going to clear. Sadly they got 100% of my money and I got 5% of a product.
Autel's MO seems to be, put together the absolute best hardware and give it zero workable software.

Reactions: elistechnology

My Evo Enterprise has also been a great disappointment. Bladestrike helped and it's at least stable enough now for it's primary job (mapping), but it's still very buggy, battery life is 33 minutes...on every one of my 5 batteries...not the 40 min claimed and the smart features like tracking don't work at all. The worst is the Autel service department: I've had a case open with them for months that they haven't followed up on in over two months. No call, no email, no progress. To anyone considering this or any Autel drone: don't, they absolutely will not be there when something goes wrong.

The 33 mins is a well known fact. That is full battery. Dont think anyone has gotten 40. But whatever, thats a little to be expected. They usually overstate those types of facts. But yes, service simply is understaffed and overwhelmed to deal with these issues. Part of it isnt their problem as much is dependent from engineers in china. But autel could at least fully staff the WA office. But its clear they sell drones not ready for flight. Just updated my firmware in hopes my delay issues would be improved. Still there, actually worse. And now the obstacle avoidance warning goes off during the whole flight in totally free air, even when its turned off. Fun times for a $10,000 drone.

Reactions: goldenu2
I would also confirm the enterprise has been a bust product. After updating everything and then less than 20 minutes of flying the unit was sent back to Autel. That was almost 20 days ago without the unit being returned. The retailer noticed the gimbal was off and reported that back to autel when the unit was sent in. Autel stated this can happen during shipping and should not be a problem.

Pretty much a bust of a product and especially since it was purchased for public safety use. Still waiting for it to be returned from autel and hope things get better. At this point and after several emails and waiting I would have to admit I have some remorse on the purchase.

If you just got this. I’d seek a refund. The is only the beginning of your troubles.

Ive been using my Enterprise Dual 640T since October with no issues other than the regular video glitches that Autel has, for some reason, never been able to fully fix on any of their drones.
33 to 35 minutes of actual flight time. Overall very happy with it, but I still say DJI is better and more refined and Autel still has some catching up to do.

As a new Enterprise owner this is all VERY concerning! Where is Autel? Why are they not responding to these issues? Do they not have a rep watching this board? They and all their distributors (Advexure) are selling this as a commercial drone. If this is indeed their flagship product, they need to take care of customers!

As a new Enterprise owner this is all VERY concerning! Where is Autel? Why are they not responding to these issues? Do they not have a rep watching this board? They and all their distributors (Advexure) are selling this as a commercial drone. If this is indeed their flagship product, they need to take care of customers!

Ok, forget Autel, they're worthless. There is an Autel employee on the board, however, going by "Bladestrike." He is not in the support organization, but is a genuinely good guy and will probably help you. Honestly, he's far more knowledgeable than the support team anyway. Do him (and all of us) a favor and don't project your anger at Autel on him (like I did), there isn't crap he can do about them.

Reactions: briansci
Ok, forget Autel, they're worthless. There is an Autel employee on the board, however, going by "Bladestrike." He is not in the support organization, but is a genuinely good guy and will probably help you. Honestly, he's far more knowledgeable than the support team anyway. Do him (and all of us) a favor and don't project your anger at Autel on him (like I did), there isn't crap he can do about them.
Hopefully Bladestrke will at least forward the above problems and concerns to someone in support. I see that Advexure posts on this forum, hopefully they will have some influence with Autel. I will say that Advexure was great to deal with and from what I can see, they really take great care of their customers. Hopefully I will be included it that care if I do run into problems with my rig. So far I have not had any problems but it is only 2 weeks old and less than 2 hours of flight time.

Hopefully Bladestrke will at least forward the above problems and concerns to someone in support. I see that Advexure posts on this forum, hopefully they will have some influence with Autel. I will say that Advexure was great to deal with and from what I can see, they really take great care of their customers. Hopefully I will be included it that care if I do run into problems with my rig. So far I have not had any problems but it is only 2 weeks old and less than 2 hours of flight time.

I was eyeing the EvoII 640T ....but with the comments here, I am having second thoughts.

And you should. Until/unless Autel gets it's act together, you should absolutely NOT count on them for a business drone.

This thread has dampened my Enthusiasm for this product. A now $9200 kit is much less attractive now. Autel sounds a bit like dji...all talk. I will kerp watchig and hold my saf of cash securely in my right hand. 😊

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials