Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The Day I Lost My Evo

I have the Evo and I learned right away that the Evo does not do well in a slight wind. I purposely flew many times for practice purposes only in wind 10 mph to 25 mph. I challenged the wind to the point that the drone started to fly backward with full throttle forward. I am well seasoned now flying the Autel Evo in wind 10 mph +
Turn off OA and try again.
DJI is a way better drone and business! FACT!!!!
assuming it lets you takeoff. For warranty denials, yes agree DJI is much better at that!

Watched the OP's video again, and at the 9:40 he mentions he puts it back into GPS mode. Which is what caused my comment about GPS.

However, according to the screen, he always was in GPS mode, since that's what's up in the left top corner all along. I just think he misspoke about putting it back into GPS mode. As far as I can tell, there's no way to take the Evo out of GPS mode, unless you physically block the GPS from receiving a signal.
Actually for a while it said Vision not GPS

Reactions: Nightbat2
Thanks for the OA tip. I also learned that turning off the OA I can fly it at 34 mph. I thought one of the updates eliminated the 34 mph option.

I did try turning off the OA and that does fix the wind flying issue. It is however not ideal to have to dig into menus when you need this quick. The other option is just turning off OA every flight. I am not sure I like that idea myself.

It can be a bit hard getting smooth footage if you are flying at very low level with OA turned on.

I did try turning off the OA and that does fix the wind flying issue. It is however not ideal to have to dig into menus when you need this quick. The other option is just turning off OA every flight. I am not sure I like that idea myself.
I do it everytime I boot up since Autel decide to reset my defaults after every flight. Usually between the time I power on till I get GPS lock, also crank up the speed to 33mph. Pain in the *** but thats Autel for you.

I do it everytime I boot up since Autel decide to reset my defaults after every flight. Usually between the time I power on till I get GPS lock, also crank up the speed to 33mph. Pain in the *** but thats Autel for you.
Every brand has its hits and misses.... but, if you have a rock solid flier and the only real issue is the resets back to default, you should be happy with that... My Evo is a solid flier. I like the ideal I can start it up along with the controller and get that bird up in the air and do everything that it is expected to do. Knock, knock on this slab of marble that all stays good.

Every brand has its hits and misses.... but, if you have a rock solid flier and the only real issue is the resets back to default, you should be happy with that... My Evo is a solid flier. I like the ideal I can start it up along with the controller and get that bird up in the air and do everything that it is expected to do. Knock, knock on this slab of marble that all stays good.
The issue here is what settings are set back to default, as you can see in this case it nearly cost the OP his drone, thats $999USD or $1499AUD if you happen to buy one down under just because of a silly setting. There was a similar video put up by someone else on youtube that didnt fare so well and his evo got blown away. He was flying just with RC and didnt know about ludicruous mode etc, Autel apparently sold him a reconditioned drone cheap as a replacement. If I can find the video, I'll post it here. Which brings me to my next point, flying with only controller in a wind makes it more difficult to change the settings on the fly when in a headwind like that, lack of sports mode button means you could get caught out. Your only real defense here is knowing these sorts of nuances before you put the bird in the air.

Reactions: NewZona Rides
I totally understand where your coming from with the reset thing , it's a ***** having to change things back to where it can save your AC from its demise but living and learning is what's it's all about when flying drones such as ours. It's what I said earlier they all have its hits and misses. We must overcome its barriers and learn from them. After all, that's what makes us better fliers and most importantly we learn every aspects to the AC we fly.

Being able to press and hold one of A/B buttons on the back for temporary ludicrous mode, or having the option to assign a button for certain functions would be great.

Reactions: Nightbat2
Being able to press and hold one of A/B buttons on the back for temporary ludicrous mode, or having the option to assign a button for certain functions would be great.
A number of users have asked Autel about this. My request was for the ability to switch to/from ATTI.

A number of users have asked Autel about this. My request was for the ability to switch to/from ATTI.
My theory is that these buttons will not be programmable as promised because of their poor placement and design. It is just to easy to hit these by accident. Autel probably sees these buttons as a liability.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller