Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

The biggest forest fire in the USA from 40 miles away

HiloHawaiian

Reaction score
DSC_1097.jpeg

I'm in Tonto Hills north of Carefree, AZ, looking east into the Tonto National Forest. After 2 wetter than normal years (lots of growth) it's been very dry in 2020 -- and hot. NPS says this is a normal cycle, some years worse than others... Aerial tankers flying over all day, but I can't smell it or see it unless drive to a high point....... :(

View attachment 7489

I'm in Tonto Hills north of Carefree, AZ, looking east into the Tonto National Forest. After 2 wetter than normal years (lots of growth) it's been very dry in 2020 -- and hot. NPS says this is a normal cycle, some years worse than others... Aerial tankers flying over all day, but I can't smell it or see it unless drive to a high point....... :(
Nice pic of a bad event. Was the cause natural?

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
is that a phone or a drone picture. I was just reading that article you posted about drones flying over fires.

Idk.. ive thrown my phone like a ninja star a few times... ? I bet I can get it high enough to take a picture like that ??

• Haha
Reactions: mixchief
Lol but really not on another nearby mountain? You think that's way up there like that? I once strapped an old phone to a drone before to see what both would do lol.

There is a pretty funny YT video of a FPVer strapping a phone to an fpv quad, needless to say the phone video didn't compete with the GoPro, but the damn thing flew, SIRI was probably screaming bloody murder!!:eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: Corbie
Haha im sure she was! Ill look for the video! Mine was an android on a aee ap9. It was heavy for the poor bird but it did it. Battery didn't like it. And the phone was rubbing the drone somehow and created the worst jello effect i ever witnessed. Wasn't worth attempting to fix and try again lol

apparently there are a few nuts like you :eek: funny enuf neither of these is the one I originally saw, as I couldn't find it ..... go figure. BTW fpv is my new obsession, though all I do is break stuff within minutes....... maybe seconds.

Hahaha my kind of people! My phone wasn't that nice or expensive! My s10+ is not going on any drone any time soon!

• Haha
Reactions: mixchief
Man thats some really awesome flying in that first video and it looks super good! And the lucky guy has such and awesome course! I mean there are horse jumping obstacles out there! And was he messing with that bird a little or what lol? I always try to stay away and feel guilty for disturbing anything. Think its actually against the law not sure how they gauge that one.

apparently there are a few nuts like you :eek: funny enuf neither of these is the one I originally saw, as I couldn't find it ..... go figure. BTW fpv is my new obsession, though all I do is break stuff within minutes....... maybe seconds.
Wow, I skinned me knee just watching that!o_O
And he didn't even crash once......

As long as there was no TFR where the photo was taken the camera could have even been a drone photo. I'm sure what ever it was it was all perfectly legal.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials