Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Talk me out of it...

I have an XSP and my brother has a P4. In my opinion, the XSP takes much better photos (more color) than the phantom. Try playing around with the camera settings to get the color how you prefer.

When it comes to XSP vs P3S, there is no comparison. XSP hands down. The Autel has a much better controller which includes a built in display. I have gotten out farther than two miles with my Autel, while the P3S only has a range of about 0.6 miles. XSP has a 4K camera, while the DJI only has 2.7K.

Ultimately it is your decision, but I would never send back my XSP.

Reactions: Squirrel!
4k only matters if you have equipment to play it back on. ;)

The P3S and the XSP have the same still capabilities...12mp. So that's a wash too. ;)

The P3S flies better, no question. The XSP flies further, no question (but the P3S is within +/- 1200' or so).

The XSP controller is very nice. The P3S feels chintzy, but works flawlessly.

Pluses and minuses for both, but I already decided to keep the XSP. I think I need more time with it. I use it everyday (mostly) and I have 1.5 years with the P3S compared to 3 weeks with the XSP. I think I just had unrealistic expectations when making comparisons.

If I had it to do over, I definitely would have gone the P34k or the P3P, probably the latter. Getting the case is what tipped the scale in the XSP favor, but as a whle, while it is a nice case for casual fliers, it doesn't work for my needs.

The P3S is also much faster to get in the air and to stow compared to the XSP. That is the deciding factor of making the P3S the daily workhorse.

Flight characteristics aside, here are 2 pic from today, 1 from XSP and the other P3S. Both on automatic:

XSP

View attachment 1017

P3S

View attachment 1018

XSP

View attachment 1019

P3S

View attachment 1020

I still say the XSP looks Blue-ish, not realistic at all.

The video ticks me off because as soon as I press the remote button for record, the picture zooms in and I have no clue how to make it not do that.

The P3S and the XSP have the same still capabilities...12mp. So that's a wash too. ;)

The P3S flies better, no question. The XSP flies further, no question (but the P3S is within +/- 1200' or so).

Pluses and minuses for both, but I already decided to keep the XSP. I think I need more time with it. I use it everyday (mostly) and I have 1.5 years with the P3S compared to 3 weeks with the XSP. I think I just had unrealistic expectations when making comparisons.

If I had it to do over, I definitely would have gone the P34k or the P3P, probably the latter. Getting the case is what tipped the scale in the XSP favor, but as a whle, while it is a nice case for casual fliers, it doesn't work for my needs.

The P3S is also much faster to get in the air and to stow compared to the XSP. That is the deciding factor of making the P3S the daily workhorse.

To be honest..... looking at the pics you posted I would suggest familiarizing yourself with the camera / video settings within the respective apps or for the one you decide to stick with. I'm not trying to be an AH, I realize not all 'tastes' are the same but those examples don't do justice to either of those crafts cameras imho.

I wasn't asking if I should return something. Again, you misunderstand. The question posed was phrased in a way to encourage responses telling me the good, wonderfulness of the XSP and why I should NOT return it...and it failed miserably. No one really praised the XSP which is a tad disheartening to me. I honestly expected more enthusiasm for this drone.

I agree, I do need to work on my photography skills, no argument there. But what I need are quality pics from the get-go, I don't have alot of time to 'practice' my photography skills. So the P3S will be my workhorse and the XSP will be the backup and picture taking practice drone. It wouldn't be fiscally wise to return this and start over with another.

Last sentence of your original post.

Talk me out of returning it.

I'm a bit of a drone collector I have or have had all of the drones mentioned in this thread. XSP P3S they are similar but not the same. Two different birds in my opinion. Camera, pretty close to the same for stills. Not so for video. If you don't understand the advantages of 4K and 1080 that's another thing. Not to mention the difference in bitrates between the P3S and XSP. The DJI GO app is light years ahead. It just is but with it you do have some limitations on where you can fly. In my experience the NFZ has never been an issue, no you can't fly at the end of the DFW runway, you would need a different bird to do that.

Just a hint, do not use auto exposure settings. That is the first thing you should do accomplish. Manually set everything. What's wonky in the photo is the white balance. Unless you have a specific reason, attempting an effect, don't use the filters for stills.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58