Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Tablet size

Angie

Reaction score
What is the largest size tablet that will fit onto the XSP console? I know I saw it posted somewhere....and cannot find it now that I am ready to buy a tablet...my phone screen is just to small. Recommendations on tablets appreciated.

What is the largest size tablet that will fit onto the XSP console? I know I saw it posted somewhere....and cannot find it now that I am ready to buy a tablet...my phone screen is just to small. Recommendations on tablets appreciated.
The tablet holder on the rc opens to a maximum of 7" . So as long as your tablet is 7" or less your good to go. I use samsung galaxy tab S2 which is approximately 9"× 7". Hope that helped

Reactions: Angie
I have an iPad and the iPad will fit in the holder but for some reason there's not enough power coming from the controller controller to power it up properly

Galaxy Tab A 10.1 from Costco fit well. Though, I returned it due to crappy OS and it's slow. Instead, used the Starlink App(beta) and switched back to my LG V10 phone. So far it's good.

what version of android does it need to be. 6.0 or will 5.0.1 work with the xsp

What is the best tablet to get when your on a budget, as success with the kindle fire HD?

What is the best tablet to get when your on a budget, as success with the kindle fire HD?

Not sure if it's in your budget category but imo best bang for buck is the nvidia k shield, $200 on amazon. And I'm an iOS guy;)

Preload the maps using wifi. I sometimes use a phone as a wifi hotspot so I can DL maps in the field.

That would be a pain, I have verizon service on my iPads so I always have maps. I guess you could do a hot spot from your phone.

I cannot find one of these available anywhere, except on Ebay for more money and used product. What happened to all of these?

I have the insignia Flex 8 inch. It's not very bright but works good.
Got it used in like new condition on ebay for 37.99 with free shipping.

Follow the Autel recommendations - Ive heard good things about the NVIDIA K-1.. I have an 8" REPAD ($150) with a High Def display, which works great, but I have to remember to turn it on AFTER the drone links to the Controller, otherwise i have to reboot the tablet, which takes a minute of waiting....I have also flown with a generic 7" Nextbook I bough for $35 at Walmart. It also runs the app fine, but the screen resolution is not as crisp as the high def of the Repad. Check out the Nvidia and I recommend not using a tablet with any lower resolution. An advantage of the Nvidia is its HDMI out...your Visual Observers can patch in to the tablet to see what you see. That is why I wished I got the Nvidia and not the Repad. Also, you dont want an 10 or 11 inch tablet...it gets too top heavy....and you will need a sunshade....

Only problem i have with a larger tablet is the weight. It would not balance using the strap but is so much easier to see than iphone. So trade off for the big screen.

Only problem i have with a larger tablet is the weight. It would not balance using the strap but is so much easier to see than iphone. So trade off for the big screen.

actually, THE most important factor, is making SURE it fits in the autel case in the slot in the far left. i took the manuals out, and store my REPAD and large sunshade there. Everything! i need to fly fits in the autel case, incl tablet.

Reactions: Bigbit

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials