Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Strange Night Mode artifacts

LoneDrone

Reaction score
Since recently buying a flashing LED drone beacon to be in compliance with the FAA rules I did my first night flights testing my new drone. Overall, I was pretty happy with how the photos and videos turned out in my poorly lit rural neighborhood. It was quite dark and fairly windy, resulting in some camera shake and blur in some of the photos. Camera shake is a possible the cause of the strange appearance my attached example photo, but it could also be a result of the night mode processing of the image. Attached are two copies of the same photo. Both are resized to 50% of the original and one has been adjusted to darken the image to better represent the conditions at the time. There are several vertical line trails in the photo, but the bizarre part is what happened to the chimneys on the homes at 11 o'clock and 1 o'clock. I didn't know that my drone had an x-ray sensor. I didn't see this in other similar images, so it is probably camera shake, but on the other hand I'm not seeing the vertical streaks everywhere in the photo. I'm not sure what to think. Perhaps the night mode algorithm got a little crazy with 'filling in the blanks' and put some detail where it didn't belong.

Attachments

• Temp0010.jpg
    Temp0010.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
  • temp_0010.JPG
    temp_0010.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 8

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members