Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Starlink Question

jjpish68

Reaction score
Hello

Recently I had to get a new phone and with that new phone I had to get the latest version of Starlink App. I had held off with my old phone as I heard there were some issues with the new version.

Now when I fly I have a very poor to non existent video connection. As I am flying my video onscreen video barely updates if at all. With my old phone/version I could look at screen and see in real-time as I was flying. Now I have a stationary shot from when I first hit record and it is like that the entire flight. I am capturing video to my card just not seeing what I am doing.

Anyone have any suggestions on this? Latest version of Starlink on an iPhone XS Max.

Thank You

Go to the link below and download the version you desire. I haven't tested them, so I cannot be held responsible if they contain a virus.

Url Deleted

Edit: I finished reading your post. You are on iOS. Sorry, can't help you out.

Hmmmmmm. This happened once before, it took Autel weeks to update it, a year before EVO. We could fly the XSP just fine, no video feed. It sure sounds like the latest iOS version might be incompatible? I use old iPads that I never update, and all is well, but the last time I tried my iPhone 7+ it worked fine, but that was 6 months ago. Is there any other/older iOS device around you can try as a test?

Hmmmmmm. This happened once before, it took Autel weeks to update it, a year before EVO. We could fly the XSP just fine, no video feed. It sure sounds like the latest iOS version might be incompatible? I use old iPads that I never update, and all is well, but the last time I tried my iPhone 7+ it worked fine, but that was 6 months ago. Is there any other/older iOS device around you can try as a test?

I have an iPad but only WiFi not cellular also have my old phone but wouldn’t I need to have that activated to work?

I tried hooking up using my Ipad and as I moved Xstar around the video feed moved as I moved. Hooked up my phone and the video feed stayed stationary to the original video when it first connected. So new iPhone definitely the issue.

So...…. to my next question: Do you need a cellular connection when flying or is the mobile device just a visual aid and or extention of the controller? I read you could fly the premium with just the controller.

I tried hooking up using my Ipad and as I moved Xstar around the video feed moved as I moved. Hooked up my phone and the video feed stayed stationary to the original video when it first connected. So new iPhone definitely the issue.

So...…. to my next question: Do you need a cellular connection when flying or is the mobile device just a visual aid and or extention of the controller? I read you could fly the premium with just the controller.
You do not need cellular data to fly your X-Star, only to load the maps. I am unaware which X-Star model you use, regardless it should work if you turn your phone into airplane mode and test that.

Reactions: jjpish68

You can use your phone as a hotspot for your iPad if you need to, that's how I generally work if I need maps for like a waypoint mission.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials