Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

spherical panorama

CaptainBry

Reaction score
I’m unable to transfer my spherical panoramas from my SEController to my computer or iPad. I’ve looked on Autel’s site and searched YouTube but I’m not seeing any information. Could anyone here walk me through the process?

Last edited:
I’m unable to transfer my spherical panoramas from my SEController to my computer or iPad. I’ve looked on Autel’s site and searched YouTube but I’m not seeing any information. Could anyone here walk me through the process?
Try access the files directly from the aircraft via USB port, or, pull the microsd card and import to your computer than stich them there.

Try access the files directly from the aircraft via USB port, or, pull the microsd card and import to your computer than stich them there.
Thank you. I did try that. I have the images but I have yet to find software that will stitch and render a spherical panorama.

Reactions: gschulzuio
Since you are mac/ios try ptgui, I use the win version & it works gr8.
I am just now investigating ptgui. It's impressive! I just need to know where I can upload the completed file for public viewing. I appreciate your help!
Bryan

I am just now investigating ptgui. It's impressive! I just need to know where I can upload the completed file for public viewing. I appreciate your help!
Bryan
No worries. FB supports and displays spherical 360s, others like Twitter, Insta, etc don't support spherical photos. For web or blog sites there are WordPress plugins for displaying 360s. Another option with spherical is create them as tiny planet views.

Reactions: CaptainBry
The first thing to do is format the micro sd to transfer data, media, between the control and other devices, since there is another way that is to expand the memory of the Rc, which should not be used.
Once this is done, you must place yourself with the two forms of storage, that is, the internal memory of the Rc and the card. Then you can copy and pass the Rc cards to the card.
The problem with spherical panoramas is that it does not bring the metadata so that FB recognizes them as such. I insert the metadata through Photoshop. If you're interested, I'll give you a tutorial with the file and how to do it.

This tutorial is in spanish, but you can translate into English. Here you will find a simple method to insert the "exif file" in order that Facebook recognize the 360. It is not necessary to do anything else because Rc himself stitches the 26 images into one. I hope it helps you.

The first thing to do is format the micro sd to transfer data, media, between the control and other devices, since there is another way that is to expand the memory of the Rc, which should not be used.
Once this is done, you must place yourself with the two forms of storage, that is, the internal memory of the Rc and the card. Then you can copy and pass the Rc cards to the card.
The problem with spherical panoramas is that it does not bring the metadata so that FB recognizes them as such. I insert the metadata through Photoshop. If you're interested, I'll give you a tutorial with the file and how to do it.
Be sure to not turn off the Rc before the stiching is complete.

Thank you! I’d really appreciate the tutorial.
[email protected]

Bryan
If you want to show the impressive full resolution, rather than a dumbed down, very low res conversion required for social media, you can host it yourself on your own website, and just share a link to it everywhere else. PTGui has an Export for Web function that creates all the web files for you, and you just upload them into a folder on your website, after stitching the 26 images together on your computer with the program.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles