Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Spare battery

Thanks Agustine,

So, I've got a battery at 30%, I'm in the field, I fire up this charger using my truck for power source, how long to full charge, and will it do two batteries at once with the same speed?

Just remember when charging these batteries with a aftermarket charger you need to have the charger set at 4.9 amps and in order to charge the batteries they need to be turned on. When it reaches full charge the battery will shut off by itself.
I find the Autel charger to charge pretty darn fast and don't see much difference with the aftermarket charger. I use the aftermarket charger more for discharge to storage.

Heheheheh.... I should have waited a moment longer... Thanks again for the guidance!!!!

Yep, I've watched that video several times. Not sure what relevance it has to the current discussion though. :)

And many balk at the $60 price tag on the autel chargers. But, really, any good multi-charger is going to cost you just as much. I have a Venom Pro-Quad charger. I got lucky and found it for $215. It's normally $230-$250. So, if you're new to this, just either pony up for the autel chargers new, or scour eBay. I've bought several used autel chargers from people who have trashed their XSP'S.

Augustine, if you would, however.... seeing how you've done it.... explain the discharge method you use on the autel batteries. TIA

Bump:

Augustine, if you would, however.... seeing how you've done it.... explain the discharge method you use on the autel batteries. TIA

The easiest way is to hover till you get to around 35-40
% on your battery. The LED lights on the battery should be one solid and one just flashing. This will put you close to storage. You could check your battery screen in the app. each cell should be around 3.85 volts. This is the recommended voltage for long storage. Checking them every once in a while is recommended as they do have that auto discharge and might need to be topped up a tad.

If you do indeed have a aftermarket charger setup for charging and discharging your batteries it is very easy to turn it on and use the chargers storage feature to discharge to storage.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials