Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Someone asked about a cheap UAV for his buddy

There's video review on Youtube, I wasn't very impressed. He would get it, get tired of it quickly, and wish he had got a better one. He could at least get a Phantom 3 standard, probably the lowest price good drone. My son has one and is very happy with it. He got it on sale at Target for about $400.00.

Ive been looking at the Hubsan 501A ($219) and 507A ($99...$69 refurb)...they have gps waypoint flying and are dji spark size. They look good for a beginner, and gps waypoint flying at that price is great.
There are plenty of video reviews on youtube... but dont know anyone who personally has one.

Just persuade him to get a pumpkin surely ...? :)
I want him to fly a big orange pumkin but he is one of those who is so indecisive it makes me wanna --------, you get the point.
Ive been looking at the Hubsan 501A ($219) and 507A ($99...$69 refurb)...they have gps waypoint flying and are dji spark size. They look good for a beginner, and gps waypoint flying at that price is great.
There are plenty of video reviews on youtube... but dont know anyone who personally has one.
Husban 501A would be a good starter for him. Id like one of those too.

I would recommend a fully manual quad for anyone who has never flown one.

With this in mind, my stepping stones were a JJRC H31. Small, cheap, pretty tough, does about 20 mph. From there, I went to a MJX BUGS 3. Still fully manual, tough, brushless, FAST, and still pretty cheap for what you are getting.

My opinion is, better to REALLY know how to fly, when the technology breaks (magnetic interference, loss of gps, etc.)

Just my 2 cents.

Cannot remember who asked but I saw this one advertised. I know nothing about it but is is on sale right now. Looks to be bottom line but has GPS.

BAYANGTOYS X21 Wifi FPV Brushless Double GPS RC Quadcopter - Sales Online eu plug - Tomtop.com

If you look over at rcgooups, you'll see some people having problems with the new version. I have a Bayangtoys X16AH and been flying over a year and it's been a great quad. I even added a walkera gimbal and captured some great video.

BAYANGTOYS X16 GPS Brushless RC Quadcopter - RTF -$115.99 Online Shopping| GearBest.com

I would suggest the Bayangtoys x16 GPS. Flies nice and has all the bugs worked out. Plus it's pretty cheap.

jjp

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bailey54