Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

So what does this mean if Trump goes ahead with this?

I would not worry too much about this. Privatizing the air traffic controllers is not the privatizing the FAA. I am more concerned about what the local and state bureaucrats are going to do to us. Hell, I'm surprised that my local home owners association has not made a fuss about my flights around the neighborhood.
johnf

Reactions: Wrsdas
First and Formost......Ole Red needs to protect America from the Islamic terrorist.
Everything else will fall in place

Reactions: Wrsdas
If it passes, it will mostly affect general aviation. All this has come up before with user fee implementation where pilots are charged for weather briefings, air traffic control services, etc. This has been brought up many times but usually dies quietly.

I am a retired Air Traffic Controller. I retired in 2007. For my 22 years in the FAA, the subject of privatizing the ATC system was always floating around. That being said, in 32 years nothing has happened and as slow as Washington moves (1 step forward and 3 steps back) you can plan on not seeing anything happen in your life time!

I am a retired Air Traffic Controller. I retired in 2007. For my 22 years in the FAA, the subject of privatizing the ATC system was always floating around. That being said, in 32 years nothing has happened and as slow as Washington moves (1 step forward and 3 steps back) you can plan on not seeing anything happen in your life time!
Never had the Trumpster before either. Or the normal politician...... he keeps his campaign promises. OMG!

Never had the Trumpster before either. Or the normal politician...... he keeps his campaign promises. OMG!
Unfortunately, he might keep his promises, but this is a situation where industry (Airlines) collide with government. It will be many years before anything like this happens. So I wouldn't worry about it too much until it happens.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg