Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Smart Controller V1: my first issue

kenautelevo2pro

Reaction score
Today was incredibly hot and sunny day but I decided to fly since I know our summer days are numbered. Using the SC, as I was flying on the very first battery, I experienced problems after the first hour. At first, the SC went dim even though I had brightness set to full. Then I start seeing fuzzy lines in the display. Finally when the maps started freezing (I was running Missions so it took an hour to run the battery down), I packed it up and gave in and came home. I have concluded the heat and my sc did not play well together. Let me describe:

When I fly, instead of hanging the sc around my neck, sometimes I plop the sc on the trunk of my car but the sc is raised off the hot trunk surface because of the carry handle. Still, it get's plenty hot on that surface after 30 minutes. The carry handle was too hot to grip at the end of the day. Not sure if it's from the surface or the heat of the day but the sc was hot all over not just the handle. The sc display surface was super hot. The sc sat in direct bright open sunlight the entire time and as I adjusted my Mission settings, I could feel the burn.

So I'm not sure what caused this, the heat from the unit (as in overuse or continuous use) or the heat from the direct sunlight or the heat from a very hot nearly 100 degree day. I did not notice or hear the fan but I guess I didn't check or listen for it. When I got home, 30 minutes to cool off, the SC was back to normal. Maybe it could have survived longer but I didn't want to chance it.

That's my report, not sure if anyone else has seen this. Not a huge problem since I can probably get out of the sun for a bit or maybe use a hood and summer is nearly over but surprised to see the sc act like a mobile phone. at some point, while the sc was still functional, it was technically unusable.

Thanks for putting it through such a grueling (or was that grilling?) test and letting us know!

The operating temperature for the SC maxes out at 104F - so if it was near 100° there today, I'm guessing your trunk was over 104° and with the SC added to it, well over 104° around the controller.

Since you're operating from your vehicle, I'd setup one of those chairs with an umbrella or overhang. Quick easy solution.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials