Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

SiriusXM Radio

Tufargon

Reaction score
For those who have a SiriusXM radio in their vehicle that is not subscribed. It's free till June 4th. All you have to do is turn it on.

Last edited:
Cool. I have a lifetime sub but I need to use my portable. Had it for free for 3 months when I bought this truck but that has long since expird. Never found I used it much anyways but free is alwaus good.

Cool. I have a lifetime sub but I need to use my portable. Had it for free for 3 months when I bought this truck but that has long since expird. Never found I used it much anyways but free is alwaus good.
I had a sub at one point but not anymore. If I still had that radio I'd have it on till June 4th just for fun. I liked it but it just wasn't worth it to me even though it was somewhat cheap. I have a micro sd card with thousands of songs, music videos, movies and audio books on it that I put in my new android head unit.
Hopefully some will enjoy the short free time period of this. :)

Thanks for the heads-up. Leaving tomorrow for a trip to see the grandkid and his parents. Will be interesting to see what is available.

They open up all the channels for the promotion. So what ever your interested in should be available.

A year ago a gave XM radio a try and haven't looked back since as really enjoy it a lot. Monthly subscriber now but for months paid discounted rate.

I got mine decades ago when there was both XM and Sirius. I chose XM. As an OTR trucker, it was a "life changing experience". I no longer listened to stations that went away over the next hill. I could listen to a channel FOREVER!

Now I'm retired and I still listen to satellite. I have it in my shop and play it through my 1970's Sansui 9090 stereo. Both wifey and I use the service in our cars too, especially when we're hauling the RV.

Reactions: upspirate
They open up all the channels for the promotion. So what ever your interested in should be available.

I had a .pdf of their channel lineup and most, but not all channels were open. On the way up to the kids we skipped around, listening to various stations. Yesterday, we settled on the Beatles channel (pun intended) and caught the "Magical History Tour" of ALL their recordings, in chronological order. The host, a Beatles historian, provided great insight and details of the songs and timeline. Made the 7 hour trip almost enjoyable. Got to the "White Album" before reaching home. :)

I was an early subscriber to XM when the units were just add-ons to your vehicle radio - with a home base tied into house stereo system. Back then my job required many hours of travel and I really enjoyed the constant signal. After getting off the road, I kept the subscription for a while, but couldn't justify increasing expense to upgrade equipment, plans, rate hikes, etc. Now, if I'm driving long distances, I find myself enjoying DXing on the AM band, especially at night, just to see/hear how far I can pull in a distant station. Sometimes old school stuff is still simple fun.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
The X had bought us both the Sirius portable one many years ago and had I think at that time the subscription was three years. When it came time to renew they had a great promotion for lifetime subs so I went for that. I used to bring it to work. Getting the antenna wire run down from the roof of the paper mill I worked at was something LOL Once in a while I would have to go up there and fight off the seagulls trying to make a nest around it. :)

Reactions: Goober

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cronos