Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Simple and cheap/free editing

REC

Reaction score
At this point I notice that whenever I take a still pic it breaks my video.
1. Is there a setting I can use so it just add my still to the folder?
2. Is there an editor that I can pick up cheap or free to patch the videos together?
3. I see someone has said that they just grab a still from their video. Is there a cheap/free editor to do this easily?
4. Are there other suggestions?

I do not mind spending money for an editor but typically I find that when I buy a software like paint shop pro (which I have) they do so many things they are very complicated and the couple things I want to do are also very complicated. As a result I spend a lot of money on software that I don't use. Any suggestions besides frustrate myself trying to learn all the software? I am trying to avoid wasting money. I use HVAC software all day long as a commercial HVAC programmer and troubleshooter so I am not completely computer illiterate, but as you know that is not helpful for video editing.
Thanks for any help and direction. Once I get the simple items that I want to do down I am likely to expand my efforts but for now I am looking for limited and easy capabilities.

Reactions: Drgnfli
If you do go with Filmora, Daniel Batal has quite a few tutorials. Not really relevant to drone flying but it will get you more familiar with the program. I like how he explains things and makes it easier to understand and do.

I downloaded Filmora and it told me I need a new graphics driver

Better than it saying the graphics card is not up to par. Update the driver and see what happens. Filmora is about the least taxing out of the editing programs so if you're having problems with it then you probably have an older outdated computer and might be best off upgrading unfortunately. ESPECIALLY when editing or even trying to play 4K videos.

Better than it saying the graphics card is not up to par. Update the driver and see what happens. Filmora is about the least taxing out of the editing programs so if you're having problems with it then you probably have an older outdated computer and might be best off upgrading unfortunately. ESPECIALLY when editing or even trying to play 4K videos.
Thanks
I have a much newer laptop I will start using just for my evo stuff. I will try it on that

Reactions: Tufargon
I had a post some time ago for same issues and I got many tips. Finally I found VSDC Free editor...Easy to use, great to reduce pic size while keeps quality, several formats and mediums (Youtube, PC, mobiles devices...) for videos production are avail, and still pic can be integrated in the production of videos. As a novice I am, VSDC has helped me and planning to keep the free version which is very similar to the Premium one.

At this point I notice that whenever I take a still pic it breaks my video.
1. Is there a setting I can use so it just add my still to the folder?
2. Is there an editor that I can pick up cheap or free to patch the videos together?
3. I see someone has said that they just grab a still from their video. Is there a cheap/free editor to do this easily?
4. Are there other suggestions?

I do not mind spending money for an editor but typically I find that when I buy a software like paint shop pro (which I have) they do so many things they are very complicated and the couple things I want to do are also very complicated. As a result I spend a lot of money on software that I don't use. Any suggestions besides frustrate myself trying to learn all the software? I am trying to avoid wasting money. I use HVAC software all day long as a commercial HVAC programmer and troubleshooter so I am not completely computer illiterate, but as you know that is not helpful for video editing.
Thanks for any help and direction. Once I get the simple items that I want to do down I am likely to expand my efforts but for now I am looking for limited and easy capabilities.

I agree with your take completely! I am a retired programmer & I cannot grasp any of these video editors except for Windows Movie Maker. I've used YouTube training videos with many editors but can barely get thru the first 5 minutes until I am stumped. I have literally spent weeks trying to learn, jumping from one editor to another. Win Movie Maker is OK but it is sometimes "buggy" & screws up & does not have many of the enhancements the other editors have. I am really frustrated by my lack of understanding...
~,

If you do go with Filmora, Daniel Batal has quite a few tutorials. Not really relevant to drone flying but it will get you more familiar with the program. I like how he explains things and makes it easier to understand and do.

Doesn't Filmora stick a water mark on your video unless you pay for it?

Yes. Title said free/cheap. I find $60 lifetime license cheap for a very good user friendly editor.

I've used, ShotCut, Openshot, and Flowblade, all to some success. But I've also noticed that only Openshot truly handles 4K videos on my platform. They all claim 4K capability, but Flowblade crashes my entire system when I try to export the final video.
Since they all have their strengths and weaknesses, I use multiple editors depending on what I'm doing.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials