Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Shield or Ipad mini 4

Rixxie33

Reaction score
For those that have tried both- what is your preference?
I have both- shield was for my xsp- ipad for my MP-
Looking at getting the EVO now- and looking to see
what one works best- what did AUTEL test with?

Autel used a Shield tablet at CES. I would recommend the shield over the ipad just because it runs android and the android app seems to have less problems than iOS. However, both should work fine.

Reactions: Normex
I have a Shield tablet with my Evo but I find it hard to use during a sunny day with the glare though I love the real estate. Nothing new I guess.

Thank you all.
I'll use the shield, as I did with my xsp
When my evo arrives.

I really don't know- think I read in this forum that it will- however
I plan to buy aftermarket holder anyway-

Spoiled by bigger monitors on my other drones.... I picked up a very light Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7" (8/OZ) and a sun shade for a RED CAMERA 7" monitor. My buddy over at at ShadowQuad 3D printed an extender for the monitor mount and I secured it all with Velcro. Should be a lot easier to see the video feed on the EVO and packs up nicely in the EVO case . Pictures attached if you have been thinking of something bigger than your phone as a monitor this is a pretty good option!

Attachments

• DSCN5901.JPG
    DSCN5901.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 15
  • DSCN5902.JPG
    DSCN5902.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2448.jpg
    IMG_2448.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2449.jpg
    IMG_2449.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2450.jpg
    IMG_2450.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
Reactions: mixchief and hakank
I have read in another forum an email response from Craig at Autel stating that the default EVO clamp will hold devices up to 6" deep, including the iPad Mini -- however a couple of owners stated they needed an adapter, so go figure.

If your device doesn't fit, this $10 adapter may do the trick. Alternatively, this looks a neat home-made solution if you don't have access to a 3D printer:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials