Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Senators urge regulators to quickly approve drone identification rules

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
By David Shepardson

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Two U.S. senators on Monday urged U.S. Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao to finalize a long-delayed rule that would require the remote identification of unmanned aircraft systems, or drones.

Yay! Now we get to spend more money!
The cat is already out of the bag. Over a million drones already have no such capability. If any one of them are in the air, no remote identification will be possible. Unless they outlaw every drone already sold, this won't be of much help.

The cat is already out of the bag. Over a million drones already have no such capability. If any one of them are in the air, no remote identification will be possible. Unless they outlaw every drone already sold, this won't be of much help.
It will probably be asked to be retrofitted into old drones. It would be great if they allow old drones to stay as is, like they did with cars that didn't have seatbelts, head rest, etc.

They can ask, but it ain't going to happen...;)

More regulations and fees... It's going to be ugly been a drone operator that only use it as a hobby.

More regulations and fees... It's going to be ugly been a drone operator that only use it as a hobby.
It already is! The anti drone paranoia among the public, which is fueled daily by the media, is only getting worse. Haven't you heard that those drones now have 8x zoom lenses on them? ;)

Tell me about it. The other day I was flying at the beach, when suddenly I saw what could be described as a possible babe in bikini. I stopped and zoomed on her. Turned out to br a beached whale in a bikini...?

Reactions: macoman
Tell me about it. The other day I was flying at the beach, when suddenly I saw what could be described as a possible babe in bikini. I stopped and zoomed on her. Turned out to br a beached whale in a bikini...?
Don't try that at our local nude beach! The only naked ones are naked fat gay guys! Alas! :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain